Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Nigellas choc chip cookies where she melts the butter. Which book?

(7 Posts)

Kitchen has a chocolate chip recipe in it.

I don't have that one but the index is on th eAMazon preview.

chartreuse Thu 07-Mar-13 11:49:34

Just made the online recipe with ds, enough cookies to keep us going for a month! Must remember to halve the quantities in future.

1 ml=1g in case anyone wants to try it.

I think I remember her doing this in one of her (relatively) recent series, possibly the one where she was one the busgrin Was that Express?

SavoyCabbage Thu 07-Mar-13 11:13:16

I wonder if that one is the one from Friends agirl! Where Pheobe thinks its a family recipe fromher Grandmother Nestlé Tollhouse.

agirland2boys Thu 07-Mar-13 11:10:25

not really answering your question but my 2 cents anyway:

i use a recipe off the back of (American) Nestle Chocolate Chips (might be online somewhere)
i honestly think it is the best - the butter is not melted, just needs to be soft (room temperature)

I can't find the Christmas book either for some reason.

I couldn't find it in the indexes of Bites, Express, Feast, HOw to Eat or Goddess. I can't find the Summer book.

chartreuse Thu 07-Mar-13 10:36:32

Of the many, many cookie recipes we have tried this one is the best according to dc. But I can't find it! Having moved recently, I still have books in boxes, but if anyone knows which book it's from I would be so grateful.

I found a version here but the measurements are in ml which is really irritating me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now