Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Is there such a thing as a Nice diabetic/low sugar cake??

(4 Posts)
dontoutmyselfthistime Thu 21-Mar-13 19:24:56

I have a fab low sugar boiled fruit cake recipe if you would like it?

I have made it many a time and served as "proper" fruit cake, even decorated with dried fruit for christmas.

Not perfect because of all the fruit, but it is still much much much lower in sugar than "proper" fruit cake.

Also some of the dark chocolate cakes like sacatorte can be made sugar free making them low in sugar.

let me know if you would like the recipe and I´ll did it out (I make it by rote this days, and judge all the quantaties because I have made it so often but I do have the actuall recipe as put enough currents in to "Look" right is not very helpful is it?)

lilmamma Thu 21-Mar-13 19:20:51

I make a yummy low fat cake with no sugar or flour,it sounds a bit odd and looks like an omlette, when it comes out the oven but if you can get past that,it is yummy. its 4 egg whites whisk until light peaks and put to one side,and then add the 4 yolks, sweetner, 1 tsp baking powder,vanilla essence,and half the egg white,and half a tub of quark,and whisk it all up,and then slowly add the other half of the egg white,and put into two baking tins,for bout 20 mins on gas 4,just keep checking it,it will rise, but once out the oven will go down, dont worry. in another bowl add the rest of the quark and a small tub of fromais frai,and some sweetner for taste, once the cake is cool turn out,it will look like an omlette sort of,but wont taste like one,smooth half the fromais on,and i add raspberrys or strawberrys,and put the top on and add the rest of the fruit and mixure. the whole thing is only half a syn on slimming world smile i have just made a lemon and raspberry one,with lemon and lime zest on the top,so tasty smile

Drladybird Wed 06-Mar-13 16:50:21

Id' recommend checking out the thread on blackbean cake in this chat section- that recipe was relatively low in sugar and there are some other suggestions too- I posted my Date and Pecan recipe which doesn't have sugar but is sweetened with dates and date syrup (not sure if that is diabetic friendly?). Also, what about muffins? These mini apricot muffins don't have any sugar.

pigleychez Wed 06-Mar-13 11:27:55

Anyone any magic recipes.

Tried some previously but they weren't great. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now