Lakeland cake pop maker

(8 Posts)
HappyAsEyeAm Mon 04-Mar-13 09:40:26

I bought this on a whim a few weeks ago, as I know that DS1 will really enjoy making them, and eating them. I am a complete novice baker (Delia's all in one sponge cake being my limit), so I am wondering how, when the cakes are made, and I take them out of the tin thing, will the stick stay in the cake ball? If the cakes are cooked, there is nothing the make the stick 'stick' is there?

ByTheWay1 Mon 04-Mar-13 09:43:37

You coat them in chocolate, making sure that there is a good coating at the bottom of the ball where the stick goes in. (like on a magnum ice cream lolly)

AlisonMoyet Mon 04-Mar-13 09:44:05

AHA! S3 wants this for his birthday. Is it good?

HappyAsEyeAm Mon 04-Mar-13 09:49:48

ByTheWay - so, is this right: I take them out of the tin thing and let them cool. Then I put the stick in. And then I dip them into the chocolate, and the chocolate keeps the stick in as it hardens? How do I add extra decorations then like little stars, hundreds and thousands etc?

Struffle Mon 04-Mar-13 09:50:59

We don't bother with the sticks. Pop them in little cake cases instead.

The cake pop maker is good in that children can use it by themselves, but I personally don't like the recipes very much, and you soon realise that each cake pop contains more covering that cake and you can get through several pots of decorations in one go! shock

Struffle Mon 04-Mar-13 09:51:49

that should say more covering than cake.

ByTheWay1 Mon 04-Mar-13 10:25:07

Yep - coat them when cool, then sprinkle stuff on whilst coating is wet- helps if you have a bit of florist foam, or polystyrene packaging to stand the sticks in upright for sprinkling/artistic works etc...

HappyAsEyeAm Mon 04-Mar-13 10:48:08

Cheers ByTheWay - DS1 and I will be having a go next weekend. I think the fact that they will be on sticks will be the best part of the whole thing for him. Novelty value!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now