Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Oh dear [blush]

(7 Posts)
Inertia Tue 12-Mar-13 16:08:39

I always add some lemon juice before the drizzle anyway- I prefer it to be a little bit more lemony. It's not too tart- there's plenty of sugar in the cake. So don't worry, it was probably delicious!

Moominsarehippos Tue 26-Feb-13 18:33:45

I bet it was rather nice anyway. I find the 'drizzle' bit can make the cake a bit too sticky and sweet anyway. I may try lemon juice next time!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 25-Feb-13 18:42:41

And hopefully they realised what was wrong with it and added a bit if sugar syrup. I hope they didn't just throw it away, it was a really nice sponge!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 25-Feb-13 18:41:43

Oh bugger.

Still, on the bright side, whoever bought it won't know it was mine.

<whistles innocently>

Moominsarehippos Mon 25-Feb-13 16:19:36

Oopsy! It can't have been that much though?

SecretNutellaFix Mon 25-Feb-13 16:16:50

<snigger>

a bit tart I should think.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 25-Feb-13 16:15:18

Made a lemon drizzle cake for dh today, it's his favourite. Whilst making the drizzle, ie sugar & lemon bit, I suddenly realised in a cold sweaty flashback that when I made one for the village bake sale last week, I didn't make the drizzle bit. I just poured lemon juice all over the cake. blush

It will have been foul, won't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now