Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Dan lepards butter icing

(5 Posts)
TheSteveMilliband Sun 24-Feb-13 19:37:54

Ok, have a birthday cake to decorate and fancy trying butter icing with meringue type which Dan lepard has in short and sweet. The recipe says "heat the egg whites and sugar over a moderate heat" in a pan, till dissolved. SURELY it will go to a gelatinous egg whitey texture?!?! Am too chicken to try it and waste loads of eggs, has anyone tried? Am looking for alternative but similar Italian meringue style butter icing instead now, <coward emoticon>

OddBoots Sun 24-Feb-13 19:50:06

There is a youtube of a very similar recipe here, it seems to work...

TheSteveMilliband Sun 24-Feb-13 19:56:20

Thanks oddboots, exactly what I needed grin. May give it a bash

TheSteveMilliband Sun 24-Feb-13 21:27:17

Thanks again oddboots, just tried it and it worked perfectly. It went thinner rather than thicker, weird.

OddBoots Sun 24-Feb-13 21:35:11

Very glad it worked. It's not an icing I'd ever heard of so thank you for introducing me to it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now