Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

how to bake cakes in microwave

(4 Posts)
robdan Thu 21-Feb-13 08:01:10

Hi all

I have just started a job supporting someone with mental illness and I said that I would bake cakes with her she like choclate cake, rock cake and fairy cakes
But as I was cleaning kitchen yesterday I noticed she has no oven or cooking facilitys only a microwave???
Is it possible to bake in a microwave??
I think it is one that has a oven bit
Please please advice would be great
Recipe and advice how to do them would be great

Thanks

Locketjuice Thu 21-Feb-13 08:21:47

Rice crispy cakes and melt the chocolate in there?

Search the recipes page on here for microwave chocolate cake. I've made the All-in-one recipe a few times and it's lovely, and very quick and easy. (Sorry, can't link on phone)

You don't even need a proper cake tin, I've used various Pyrex and ceramic dishes. Use a bigger dish than you think necessary - it grows quite impressively!

Good luck!

Tweetinat Thu 21-Feb-13 09:59:56

Yes, very easy to make cakes in the microwave. Off the top of my head, I know you can cook Betty Crocker devils food cake mix in the micro for 8 mins. It's delicious if you drop some Betty Crocker chocolate frosting in before cooking too smile it ends up like a chocolate volcano when you turn it out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now