Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Soup dragons flapjacks - why did no-one TELL me?

(13 Posts)

They are amazing. Condensed milk in flapjacks - who knew?

Even confirmed flapjack-hating DS tried them and declared them to be amazing grin

fouranddone Wed 20-Feb-13 19:39:23

Ooooo do you have the recipe? Sound delicious and very fatteningwink

I will link to it once I am back on the PC. It must, indeed, be amazingly fattening. I am relying on bottomless pit DS to eat most of them.

It's the one she posts on here - I made a double batch, having no use at all whatsoever for half a tin of condensed milk. I put glace cherries in half of them, for DD, who has yet to eat any, and left the other half plain and DS has scoffed half the batch already shock

I tried them a year or so back, I'm afraid they got a universal thumbs down and ended up in the bin (asssuming it's the same recipe from the condensed milk reference, I got it from a MN thread). With apologies to Soupy, but I'm definitely sticking to the conventional butter and syrup.

HorizonFocus Wed 20-Feb-13 21:24:26

How can you have 'no use' for half a tin of condensed milk?
just eat it with a spoon woman

That could be why I hated the flapjacks, I think condensed milk is horrible, just assumed it would turn to caramel but you could taste it really strongly in th flapjacks.

It makes very good vanilla ice-cream when combined with whippedcream and vanilla though.

Oh ive made these too and they were lovely. When i use butter and syrup they come out like concrete.

Oh stealth i just noticed its you. <waves>

<waves back to DW>

I hate to mess with a good theory, but I hate condensed milk too (hence having no use for half a tin) and I can't taste it at all - and neither can DS, who hates milk in all forms. Maybe you didn't boil it enough to caramelised it?

Maybe, can't see me trying it again though.

Fair enough! I can't see me getting away with not doing them again grin

catlady1 Wed 20-Feb-13 22:14:04

Ooh this sounds good! I love flapjack. And condensed milk. I ate a whole tin of condensed milk with a spoon the other week blush but I'm pregnant so it's okay

montmartre Wed 20-Feb-13 22:16:56

Ah yes! Haven't made them for ages though... they're delish!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now