Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

please help me with quantities.

(4 Posts)

It does seem big, somehow I have two thoughgrin . Realised h had eaten the chocolate anyway so will re try tomorrow after a pop to the shop.

mrsvilliers Wed 20-Feb-13 18:15:27

I'd buy a 20cm tin (sorry!). If you're planning on baking more in the future it will come in handy. 25cm is huge! Cake sounds delicious though, good luck!

rootypig Wed 20-Feb-13 11:41:00

everything should stay in the same proportions, and given you can hardly use half an egg, I would make a five egg recipe and scale everything else up by 25%. the size of the tin will also slightly affect cooking time - add a few minutes.

Fwiw I always bake sponge with stork, not butter, it's less temperamental, and lighter. and cheaper!

Hello,

I new to baking, in fact this will be the third cake I have ever baked. It is a rasberry and white chocolate cake made with 200g butter, flour as caster sugar, 100g white chocolate, 4 eggs.

The problem I have is that it calls for 20cm tins and I only have 25cm tins. I have no idea how to mulitpy the ingredients to avoid making pancakes.
can anyone help? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now