Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

please help me with quantities.

(5 Posts)
Trumpton Fri 22-Feb-13 07:53:54

But yay ! My algebra didn't let me down. I had a look at that ready reckoner and have bookmarked it.

bacon Thu 21-Feb-13 18:46:33

This is a brilliant ready reckoner I use frequently without messing and guessing.

www.lindyscakes.co.uk/2009/07/27/how-to-i-change-a-cake-recipe-quanities/

Never double or half without checking so sorry sapphirestar it dont work as you would assume.

Trumpton Wed 20-Feb-13 21:39:46

The area of a 20 cm tin is 3.14 X 10 squared = 314

The area of a 25 cm tin is 3.14 x 12.5 squared = 490

So you would need roughly half as much mixture again eg 300 gm butter and 6 eggs .

sapphirestar Wed 20-Feb-13 21:33:04

If your tin is 25% bigger, will an extra 25% of the ingredients work, ie 250g butter, 125g white chocolate, 5 eggs? I'm not really sure but that's what I think I'd do, and my baking usually turns out pretty good. Hopefully someone with more expertise will come along! Sounds yummy, good luck!

Hello,

I new to baking, in fact this will be the third cake I have ever baked. It is a rasberry and white chocolate cake made with 200g butter, flour as caster sugar, 100g white chocolate, 4 eggs.

The problem I have is that it calls for 20cm tins and I only have 25cm tins. I have no idea how to mulitpy the ingredients to avoid making pancakes.
can anyone help? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now