Best place to buy food colouring paste/ stuff?

(11 Posts)

I've found these to be the cheapest seller online http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sugarflair-Food-Colouring-Paste-Gel-Colours-Pick-1-from-30-Spectral-Tartrinil-/290702432486?pt=Uk_Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ&var=&hash=item43af3718e6

And while it says they send 2nd class, I've never known them take more than 2 days to get good out to me, and I use them a lot

I use sugar flair pastes and they are brilliant. Use a cocktail stick or a piece of dry spaghetti to get a bit out.

Look online for a cake supplies shop near you and if none then order online.

Fredstheteds Sun 10-Feb-13 15:29:12

Amazon, Wilton colouring 6 bottles for £20. Lasts me a year at school with all classes using it.

OneHandFlapping Sun 10-Feb-13 12:06:34

There are suppliers of all things cake on Amazon. I've bought edible glitter from there.

bacon Sun 10-Feb-13 12:04:50

You must have a kitchen shop close by? Try In-shops etc. My small craft shop has sunflair gels but agree you can get them on-line.

Keep them in old sweet tins/tupperware (wilko) so if they tip its wont make a mess but gels dont spill.

Loads of cake shops on-line selling most things you need but sometimes I'd rather by local and the endless postage costs doesnt make it cheaper.

Theicingontop Sun 10-Feb-13 10:38:10
jennimoo Sun 10-Feb-13 08:19:02

I think hobbycraft do sell the gels, otherwise google for your local cake decorating shops. If you're buying a few colours then buying online would be cost effective.

GrandPoohBah Fri 08-Feb-13 15:07:02

Gels. My local Waitrose (central Croydon if you're anywhere nearby!) have a great selection of colours, I was really impressed when I spotted them!

motherofvikings Fri 08-Feb-13 15:04:39

No it was a goopy, liquid that you dipped a cocktail stick in to get a tiny blob of it out.
Will look in hobbycraft but they're often v expensive.

Thanks anyway! smile

Greywacke Fri 08-Feb-13 14:36:16

Do you mean the powders? I think hobby craft sell them.

motherofvikings Fri 08-Feb-13 14:10:59

I've had enough of bottles of traditional food colouring that spill and stain the cupboard.

I tried a dr oetker gel colour from the supermarket. It was pants! V pathetic colour and used it all up! shock

I used some on a cake course that came in a pot, and you only needed a teeny tiny amount to get a vivid colour. What am I thinking of?
And where can I get it?

TIA! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now