Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

It's cold and wet outside but it's warm and snuggly in the PUDDLE!

(125 Posts)
EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 31-Jan-13 23:40:30

Come on in!

<puts kettle on, pours water, sets out muffins>

<throws home made chocolate cake at brian> scuse the black chocolatw buttercream was leftover from fils cake and i obviously had to make a cake for it, although dp would have happily ate it with a spoongrin

i feel a bit better today its just the screaming does me in, shes actually very good at night snuffles for food, eats and is back to sleep again in under 15mins and often wakes just the once maybe twice smile

Tee2072 Fri 08-Feb-13 10:52:46

state I would have eaten with a spoon. grin

brian constant pain is draining whether there's an end in sight or not. Your pain isn't any less than mine because yours will end and mine won't. Pain is pain. I can't remember if you can take co-codamol while pregnant, but if you can, do. It works.

Which is my big problem right now. I've been trying to not take too much because of the addictive properties but I realized last night I was being fucking idiotic about it. So I took some before bed, after 2 nights of almost no sleep due to the pain, and actually slept until 4 and then back to sleep until the alarm at 630. So that was amazing. And took more this morning. Where's my freaking referral for my leg!?!?! angry

And breathe. I am finishing this here cuppa and then I'm off to clean the house. In laws arriving tomorrow. Place is a pit!

littlemisssunny Fri 08-Feb-13 11:34:51

<shares apple pie with hugs> hope everyone is feeling ok this morning.

Just been for a swim first time in ages and I forgot how free it makes me feel, shall try going once a week.

Feeling annoyed today as we are going out tomorrow for the day and meant to be meeting friends we arranged the date in December but when we contacted them this week they have made plans as they hadn't heard from us, they don't even sound that sorry. I know I'm being really petty but if that was me I would check first before making other plans. I am going to stop complaint now as I know I'm just whinging just feels better for writing it down!

Sorry the apple pie isn't great, only made it twice and the apples I used this time turned to mush! Oh well I shall know for next time smile

BonkeyMollocks Mon 11-Feb-13 12:19:59

<tries to revive Puddle>

Cake?

<wafts smells around...>

EmpressOfThePuddle Mon 11-Feb-13 19:57:48

<grabs cake>
<snuggles Bonkey>
We've just had a Caribbean-style mixed grill. We're all very full. But it was luffly.

How are you?

Tee2072 Mon 11-Feb-13 20:00:18

::hugs Puddle::

I lost you guys!

Lovely cake, Bonkey.

EmpressOfThePuddle Mon 11-Feb-13 20:36:27

<hugs Tee>

littlemisssunny Mon 11-Feb-13 20:55:33

Mmmm did someone say cake?

I just made some welsh cakes for my oh to take to work, his team were told that he wouldn't be doing the meeting at the beginning of every shift now, just occasionally, and when they asked if anyone had any questions they asked of he would still bring my welsh cakes in grin

It's nice to be appreciated by someone!

Tee2072 Mon 11-Feb-13 20:57:37

I am heading to bed but just wanted one more Puddle Cuddle™.

grin

EmpressOfThePuddle Mon 11-Feb-13 22:59:39

Gives Tee a huuuuuuuuuuge Puddle Cuddle grin grin grin

Night x

littlemisssunny Tue 12-Feb-13 09:32:11

Pancakes anyone? I have lemon juice and sugar though I couldn't be bothered to make them so I got ready made ones in morrisons

EmpressOfThePuddle Tue 12-Feb-13 09:45:59

It's today??? Thanks for the warning Sunny, good thing I've got eggs in! When do the Puddle get to taste your Welsh cakes?

BonkeyMollocks Tue 12-Feb-13 14:33:24

No one but me likes pancakes here sad

And I always feel sick after two so we don't do pancake day .

<puts dp on twat bench> i hatehimsoomuch right now i cant begin to explain

BonkeyMollocks Tue 12-Feb-13 17:33:09

Ok state? x

<pulls in ice cream>

Tee2072 Tue 12-Feb-13 17:40:36

You okay state? {{{state}}}

I'm so tired I may fall face first into my curry.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Tue 12-Feb-13 18:40:37

Hello everyone!

Hope we are all well .

I now know Baby Brian's birthday, but am not telling anybody until he's here grin

It is, coincidentally, the same day as my Nan and Granddad's 60th Wedding Anniversary [soppy heart emoticon]

Am vair excited.

In other news, P has decided he would like Baby Brian christened Catholic. I am CofE (non pracitsing) and P is Catholic (non practising) We both believe in God and have faith, but neither of us are church goers as such. I have no problem as such whether he is Catholic or CofE, I just have no idea how things work in the Catholic church, especially in relation to Godparents (none of my chosen GP's are Catholic...confused assume that means we can't have my choices?) so that's my only misgiving.

DD was christened CofE but now attends a Catholic school - so I know a little more about Catholic goings-on than before. Through school I have also got to know the church, some congregation and the Priest, who is very lovely, so that aspect makes me feel happy to have DS christened into that church IYSWIM.

I would post this in the religion topic but I fear being pounced on for wanting DS christened yet not going to church. It is something I feel is important, to have my children christened. DD is busy learning about religion and will make her own decisions when she is older as to how much she believes/whether she believes. I like to think if they know both arguments/viewpoints, it will help them form their own opinion. Plus, I do have faith, do believe, but just don't agree with all aspects of 'religion', however I have formed my opinions having had access to religion as a child and atheism as an adult (close friend who was very outspoken about it all) Blimey it's a minefield isn't it!

Right, these pancakes aren't going to make themselves (oh and I have decided to give up alcohol for Lent this year wink)

evening sorry i posted and ran i needed a quick vent because i actually thought i was going to hit him.

basically i dont know what his problem is combination of new medication, it would have been his grandads birthday and his dads in hospital for upto 4 wks. hes just stopped being switched on, he doesnt respond when i ask things i jave to repeat it several times always resulting in a whatever/upto ypu/dont mind which makes me feel he doesnt give a shit or is in a mood. He ignorea the kids until they ignore him and after bitching at me for not asking for help with babystate when i do he hands her back asap or takes so long to deal with her shes upset and that makes me bloody mad hes also very snappy and instead of communicating gives me the silent treatment and basically has a face on him like a kicked puppy.
It came to a head as i snapped at ds after asking too many times for him to calm it amd stop shouting and racing about as i was settling lily so dp shouted thus waking lily i was livid said most of what ive said here and more and he just mocked me wiggling his head like a child would and shrugging. i am not speaking to him.

Brian grin its so exciting to have a date isnt it! wrt christenings im exactly the same we did go to church though for 6mnths before ds was christened and a while after but dd put paid to it really (too shattered lol) anyway ive no idea how catholic baptisms work im afraid x

Lilys been screaming about life for forty minutes after doing that at 2ish aswell im exhausted she never does this at night

EmpressOfThePuddle Wed 13-Feb-13 09:40:54

Poor you, State sad
<hug>
`bacon sandwich>

Tee2072 Wed 13-Feb-13 15:22:51

Where is every body?

BonkeyMollocks Wed 13-Feb-13 16:59:15

I'm here - I have been chainmailling again - I'm 8 hours in and still not bloody finished.

You ok state ?? Did you suss out what was wrong in the end?

Tee You have a teapot! grin

EmpressOfThePuddle Wed 13-Feb-13 17:23:36

I'm here too, doing spag bol and then going to get on with my homework. DD's got 2 inset days so half term starts tonight.

littlemisssunny Wed 13-Feb-13 17:46:36

I'm here just been out building a snowman as its started to rain and had to get out quick! Shame it's going to go, it's perfect snow for building snowmen grin

Tee2072 Wed 13-Feb-13 19:59:13

I do! bonkey I do! I luffs it so.very.much too!

My wonderful husband even found the perfect spot to keep it so I can admire it, keep it safe and get it out for use!

Now to save up for some cups to go with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now