It's cold and wet outside but it's warm and snuggly in the PUDDLE!

(125 Posts)
EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 31-Jan-13 23:40:30

Come on in!

<puts kettle on, pours water, sets out muffins>

Tee2072 Tue 05-Feb-13 11:04:49

Thanks everyone. I've actually cancelled LT's appointment as it's getting worse out there. Hopefully we can continue with our life tomorrow, but today? We're staying in!!

brian happy birthday to your brother!

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Tue 05-Feb-13 11:05:47

Happy birthday! We been baking this morning, will pop photo up later

Happy Birthday tee grin hope you have a lovely day.

oh dreamy what a nightmare, I do hope its all sorted soon for you. well done for sticking at it though <in awe>

baby state has her first cold and thinks we all needed to be told at great volume at almost 4am whilst refusing to feed despite looking for food like a mad baby and it being 4hrs since she last ate, she eventually calmed down and fed but did the same at 6/7ish albeit not for as long then we both slept until almost 11, stategirl is home from nursery too with a cough cold etc

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Tue 05-Feb-13 12:07:19

Happy Birthday Tee! The cake is lovely, thank you!

Don't think we'll be able to complain. Dh have them hell over the phone, but they didn't want to know. I just want to get it sorted!

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Tue 05-Feb-13 12:09:02

Hope both your girls feel better soon State.

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Tue 05-Feb-13 14:51:22

Oh it won't let me add photo on phone! Made cake! It can be your puddle birthday cake! Photo later! Although it's on my Facebook for those on it!!

showtunesgirl Tue 05-Feb-13 17:06:54

<grump, grump, grump>

I've been at home with a screaming DD all day. She was up every two hours last night and refused to settle in her cot. I had to work from home tomorrow as she still has a temperature and she screams when she's running low on ibuprofen as paracetamol appears to have no effect.

AND I just had to turn down a casting for tomorrow morning for me and mini-Show as I couldn't really gamble that she would be ok tomorrow morning. It was for a flippin' Sainsbury's commercial too. I ummed and ahed but think that cancelling at the last minute because she's not well would look worse than just saying no today. Still pissed off though.

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Tue 05-Feb-13 21:56:04

snowman cake

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Tue 05-Feb-13 21:57:19

Oh show I hope she better soon!

I been crying most of this evening, I cant decide if it is steroids or just stuff catching up

showtunesgirl Wed 06-Feb-13 10:01:57

I don't understand babies.

Last night she slept 1930-0700. confused

Tee2072 Wed 06-Feb-13 10:39:56

hugs Giraffes. Crying lubricates the soul. It's good for you.

showy if you ever do figure out babies, write a book and make millions!

Arctic out there today, but at least it's not raining or snowing! Had a word with LT's teacher and she is totally confused as to why LT keeps saying this other child hits him as she's seen none of it! She will keep an eye and keep me posted.

Now, do I spend today:

A) reading the Dresden Files latest book;
B) Cleaning the downstairs of my house; or
C) Work on my company's website

Answers on a postcard!

Tee dd was the same, still says a certain boys hitting her but teacher has said they're friends, we think its just because she got a fuss made of her when he did hit her.

i still have poorly girls but tee you may have been on to something with teething sad the teething granules have calmed her right down for the first time in weeks, she just seems too small but ds was the same.

EmpressOfThePuddle Wed 06-Feb-13 15:01:20

<sets hot chocolate fudge cake on table with jug of thick cream>
The Dresden Files! Jim Butcher! Do you play, Tee?

Tee2072 Wed 06-Feb-13 15:09:07

Do I play? Play what? No, but I read!

::eats huge piece of cake::

EmpressOfThePuddle Wed 06-Feb-13 15:14:51

Play the Dresden roleplaying gaame. I tried it out last year at a convention, it's a good one.

Tee2072 Wed 06-Feb-13 15:16:41

Oh, no. I don't do RPGs. Not since I used to try to play D&D with my brother and his friends and they used to kill me off as soon as possible to get rid of me. grin

I do love the books, though. TV show was horrible, however.

showtunesgirl Wed 06-Feb-13 16:22:24

<still sulking>

Could've gone to that Sainsbury's casting after all.

<mopes in corner>

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Wed 06-Feb-13 20:55:52

Appointment with the maxillofacial guy isn't til 6th March. I could cry! sad He only works there 2 days a month and that's the next time he's in. Can't believe how difficult this is!

State, she sounds like baby dreamy. He has been having trouble with his gums since about 4 weeks old. It flares up then dies down again for a while, and still no sign of any teeth. This usually alternates with growth spurt screaming, although sometimes they coincide. Joy!
His gums are bothering him at the moment, he slept from 7pm til 5.30 am last night, then was awake pretty much ALL DAY. He woke up and started screaming about 10 mins after I put him down for every nap and wouldn't go back off. No calpol or teething stuff is working, and he's been tired and grumpy all day. He wouldn't even sleep when I took him out in the pram! He's asleep now, after some convincing. We'll see how long that lasts...

oh dreamy it all sounds so stressful, hurry up march!

i clicked with her possibly teething when she got hold of dps finger and was really chomping on it not sucking. Its bloody horrible, all she wants is to eat and sleep and lay on me changing her nappy results in alot of tears and screaming as we've interupted her peace its heartbreaking. The big girls the same though just wanting to lie about and nap, she hasnt napped and then gone to bed well since about 18mo!!
i dont want to seem neurotic but im considering the drs for babystate dd1 has calpol and tixylix and she perks up briefly whereas pud cant have a thingsad

<carrot and orange cake anyone?>

me and babystate had a 4hr nap after we collected ds, poor boy must be feeling a bit neglected, Although i finally got him a little desk for his room which he is ridiculously happy about and along with mil giving him all of dps lego he is a busy boy which is nice as for a while he kind of lost his way and didnt play really.

EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 07-Feb-13 16:15:54

That's shit, Dreamy sad
<snuggles Dreamy and State, offers strawberry cheesecake>
State, I'm glad Stategirl's recovering, hope the rest of them feel better soon.
Tee, my brother would just look confused if I mentioned RPGs.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Thu 07-Feb-13 20:36:25

'ello! <offers fresh blankets, hot chocolate and tissues for those in need>

Not much happening here. Find out my c-section date on Monday - eee. Think it will be 26th March. Had told work if that is the case I will finish on 14th March using hols....am in pain with my back and tired all the time and now wondering if rahter than tag unused hols on to Jan 2014, I will just take another week off pre-baby, so potentially finish on the 7th March.

Think I am being a bit sensitive this evening, somebody just (as I interpreted it) mock laughed at something I said on a thread and it got me really pissed off. Was an advice thread, not a jokey one. The person who made the comment hasn't returned, but I am allowing it to wind me up and I shouldn't (isn't really like me to dwell on such things!)

Anyhooooo - day off tomorrow, whoooohooo!

littlemisssunny Thu 07-Feb-13 21:15:45

Brian which thread is it?

I posted on a thread earlier but had to stop reading it before I really spoke my mind grrr angry

((((((brian))))))

im just not mumsnetting atm, i come to our puddle and thats it, feeling a bit sorry for myself atm for no reason and trying very hard to keep myself in check and remember how much better my life is than this time last year and the year before, easier said than done when lilys screamed for 4 solid hours <weeps>

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Thu 07-Feb-13 22:16:20

Update - it was just me blush I shan't say which thread as I did take the comment the wrong way adn it was aimed at the OP AND wasn't meant nastily.

I think I need to stay away (but can't seem to drag myself off!!)

State do you know, it must be something in the water - I am the same, feel so down. However, you kinda have an excuse in that you have a newborn, ill children and you know - hormones n stuff post birth which will still be settling. Add to that sleepless nights but still having to function for the rest of the family, you have every right to feel down. ((((big squishy hugs))))

At the moment, I am worrying over: (*warning 1st world problem or 2*)

not having the hall/stairs/landing decorated and having visitors. It is awful, I had started to paper in summer and then came down one morning and the cats had shredded the newly laid wall paper. At which point I gave up and cried. Then I found out I was pg, morning sickness and just trying to get on with things = decorating not top of my list. Now I am fretting, what will people think!!! Have requested help from Dad, Bro and ex - all willing to help but no idea when.

DD having 2 (looking like 3) days off school this week, due to a cold - albeit a nasty one. She was only off mid January for 2 days with a virus. Am convinced school are composing the 'shite parent/don't you know we have statistics to keep up' letter as I type shock

PGP (is same as SPD i have recently found out) - not too bad during day, although may just be getting used to being in pain, but at night - oh, I may have cried a bit last night. Needing a wee but knowing that in order to do so means rolling over in bed, which will bloody hurt, and then walkign to the loo, which will bloody hurt. I had a slight pity party.

I started a thread in Pregnancy for people to come and have a moan, there are a few of us and most are worse than me. Also, realising what it is like to live in pain (with an end in sight) makes me very humble, for those with illness/disabiilties etc with no end in sight. I should not moan as much as I do (although moaning confined to online so RL am not as much of a PITA!)

Other worries - everything. From the dogs to the cats, DD, to my nan to my mum to what my neighbours think of me (long, boring story there). Basically, some stuff I should be thinking about but a shite load of stuff I shouldn't - but my mind is on overdrive!

Also, 6.5 weeks to wait til he's here - that's an eternity <sulks> wink

See, State, I'm the one feeling sorry for myself - throw things at me preferably edible things

xxx

BonkeyMollocks Thu 07-Feb-13 22:50:47

<cough>

Another place mark - I'm lurking blush

{{Snuggles everyone who needs them}}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now