Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

It's cold and wet outside but it's warm and snuggly in the PUDDLE!

(125 Posts)
EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 31-Jan-13 23:40:30

Come on in!

<puts kettle on, pours water, sets out muffins>

grin brian sounds a great costume

IamtheZombie Sat 02-Feb-13 15:34:19

Zombie's just checking in. grin

EmpressOfThePuddle Sat 02-Feb-13 15:58:58

<grabs hot cross bun> I've just been to Ikea in a last ditch attempt to sort DD's room. We're going to line one wall with trofasts and then she can just pull out a box and drop stuff in. I'm recognising that putting stuff in drawers is against her religion (although last time I asked about her religion she wanted to be Muslim but eat bacon.)
I love, love, LOVE ikea's new Pick and Pack service, makes doing it by myself physically possible! And now i'm nearly home and going to go in and stick the kettle on.

EmpressOfThePuddle Sat 02-Feb-13 16:00:14

Brian, costume sounds great. <snuggles Zombie>

littlemisssunny Sat 02-Feb-13 18:55:25

Brian presthaven isn't far from Talacre you can walk there along the coastal path smile Talacre is under 2 hours drive from here but when we go with my sister we get the train but its only 2.5 hours so not bad at all. We get the open top bus to Talacre which stops at Presthaven.

I took the boys on the train to Blackpool today, been meaning to do it for ages and yesterday the forecast was nice for today. My big boy is 7 tomorrow so I thought it would be a nice surprise, it's one train from here and an hour and a half. It was a big deal for me on my own with my 2 boys as I suffer from OCD and anxiety and when the train was full of football fans that didn't help, but I did it and would do it again as we had a wonderful time, daddy was in work today and they have been telling him all about it. I'm so pleased we went I just wish I had more confidence with things like this.

Got to make a birthday cake tonight and have to work 8.30 till 11.30 tomorrow but got the afternoon off as time owing, and we are all going out for tea, and a day out together next Saturday.

empress your dd sounds hilarious grin

well done sunny i keep meaning to take the dcs somewhere on the train but worry about this that and the other and theyre still young and loopy (4&5) and now dd2 has been born thats another excuse, one day i will do it!

EmpressOfThePuddle Sat 02-Feb-13 21:43:10

<waves pombears at Sunny> I'm so glad you all enjoyed it! Good for you.

DD hasn't spoken for the past half hour. It would be a record but it doesn't really count because she's worked out how to make the computer read out anything she types. Weird voices are shouting random phrases round the flat. The last one announced

EmpressOfThePuddle Sat 02-Feb-13 21:44:06

Sorry - the last one announced that his job here was done. Followed immediately by a high-pitched female admiring DW's slippers.

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Sun 03-Feb-13 00:29:58

Hello to all on the new thread smile

tee that is fab news smile

state <snort> at a years worth! Tell him you are not wanting them as you are taking a new drug that encourages you to become preg with triplets and will be ttc asap.

I feel a bit shit this week, like a zombie thing. Lethargic and a bit blah, no real excitement about anything in life. Done nothing today but sleep! this evening went to friends for cuppa - arranged for ages and not seen her for a while, went in PJS (we often do this in eve as she has shower before bed and so we sit in our pjs - I know I know!!) I nearly fell asleep on her sofa and couldn't really focus on conversation.

Managed to do some dishes, stick a wash on and fill a bag of rubbish when got home.

Tomorrow am going horse riding with boss and kids (have taken pre emptive steroids for my poor lungs) and then in eve out for a free 3 course meal for 2 (boss gave me voucher for xmas) with my new dp. Looking forwards to it but hope I feel more alive than I do now!

Tee2072 Sun 03-Feb-13 08:57:14

Morning gang

Quiet Sunday ending with dinner out for my birthday, which is on Tuesday. I will be 21. Again. And again. And again... grin

giraffes I hope you feel fantastic all day and have lots of fun.

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Sun 03-Feb-13 11:41:05

grin at 21 again...we shall have a party on here for you!

I have switched to google chrome today after getting sick of ie crashing on me for the millionth time!

Feeling much better today, much more energy - although that could be the steroids that I took yesterday and this morning to counteract the horses! Will also be taking antihistamines in high doses as well as all usual asthma meds! I WILL go horse riding!

Bought a steam mop from groupon today - too exciting!

This morning i have - washed windows, done dishes, 2 loads of washing, made bed, dusted, general tidy up, had a shower and washed hair and swept floors. hmm ok I think it probably is the steroids! This is the only benefit of them I think!!

hope your having a lovely day giraffes.

we have dps mum, dad and grandma down for the day.

BonkeyMollocks Sun 03-Feb-13 18:41:36

<place mark>

EmpressOfThePuddle Sun 03-Feb-13 19:07:53

Bonkey! Welcome to the new thread!
<snuggles>

Tee2072 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:30:53

Back from our lovely dinner at Wegamama. T'was delish and LT was wonderful. He's so good at restaurants!

Hi Bonkey!

Giraffes how was it?

State that sounds lovely as well.

Shaky Sun 03-Feb-13 22:35:58

<collapses with exhaustion>

<pulls over States best throw and snores>

I'm knackered, you are not boring grin

I swear I have got the most contrary 3 yr old ever

im shattered aswell, but for no reason, hope works going ok shaky smile

Lily has got a snuffly nose when she wakes in the morning, not at night or the rest of the day though hmm but shes not too happy, eating and sleeping ok just not having her usual content times sad

Tee2072 Mon 04-Feb-13 20:30:29

I too am exhausted.

State my first thought is allergies, to pollen or something, as LT has this in the morning all year round without his neo-clarytin. My second thought is early teething?

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Mon 04-Feb-13 21:49:24

Tongue tie update:

The insurance company, despite knowing the name of the practitioner and telling us to go for an initial consultation to get baby dreamy on their books (at a cost of £50) have now said the practitioner is not on their list so they will not cover it. angry

The GP gave us the name of someone who they said would be on the insurers list, and we went to see him today. He won't do it privately (apparently it's illegal to operate on a child under 13 privately) but he will do the tongue tie on the NHS. Great, but he will only do it under a GA, which scares me. The thought of my little baby going under an anaesthetic. sad

He said he knows nothing about lip ties though, which I think is what is causing the main problem with breastfeeding . So he's referred us to his colleague who is a maxillofacial surgeon and knows about that kind of thing. It will probably be about 2 weeks before we can see him, and see what he says can be done (if anything). If he can do anything about the lip tie, then he can do the TT at the same time (under GA), but if he doesn't think anything can be done about the lip tie then we will have to go back to the guy we saw today and he will do the TT.

I'm sick of being passed from pillar to post, going round in circles and being told contradicting things. angry My nipples hurt god damn it!

On the plus side, I have been bought galaxy chocolate. My Dh is the best! grin

Tee2072 Tue 05-Feb-13 08:16:37

That's really crap Dreamy. Is there anyone you can complain to?

We have declared it a snow day today as the pavements are bad and my leg hurts and it's still snowing and I'm tired and it's my birthday, dammit! [feeling lazy emoticon]

I have here a white and blue (yes, blue, see Facebook) cake with raspberry jam and dark chocolate icing. Who would like a slice and a brew?

littlemisssunny Tue 05-Feb-13 09:19:24

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Tee Happy Birthday to you smile

<takes slice of cake to have with coffee>

Tee2072 Tue 05-Feb-13 09:21:36

Thanks sunny! It's a lovely cake if very dense. I wonder what happened to my ability to make light cakes!

BonkeyMollocks Tue 05-Feb-13 09:24:19

Happy Birthday Tee !

Enjoy your blue cake and brew smile

EmpressOfThePuddle Tue 05-Feb-13 09:27:34

Happy birthday Tee!
<takes slice of cake>

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Tue 05-Feb-13 09:31:16

Happy birthday Tee <places chocolate cornflake cake in Puddle>

You share the same birthday as my brother!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now