Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Show us your cakes and win a signed copy of Delia's new book

(165 Posts)
CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 14:32:14

As part of Food Feb - a month-long celebration of food on Mumsnet - we want you to show us the cakes you've made and decorated for your family. It could be a first birthday special, or a wedding cake for your sibling - whatever it is, we'd like to see it.

The three best cakes submitted will each win a copy of Delia Smith's new book, Delia's Cakes. Even better, we'll have the cooking goddess herself coming in for a webchat on 28 February, when she'll announce the three winners and personally sign a copy of her new book for them.

What we'd really love is that when you post your picture you include any tips on how you made it and give specifics on decorating styles, tools or tricks that you used, so that others can emulate your cake-decorating prowess.

To enter, simply upload your image as a post on this thread, using the image upload tool. See our image-uploading tips in the topic note above.

We'll shortly be showcasing this comp on our Facebook page too. (We'll post up the link when it's live.) Winners will be chosen from all the cake pics uploaded to this Talk thread and to Facebook.

The competition closes on 20 February, at which point we'll convene an MNHQ panel to judge the entries and decide on three winners. For additional terms and conditions go to our T&Cs page

If you're one of them, we'll contact you on Wednesday 27 February to ask whether you'd like Delia to inscribe the book with your Mumsnet or RL name.

cocolepew Thu 21-Feb-13 20:24:31

These are all amazing, you're all so talented!

sapphirestar Fri 22-Feb-13 21:15:10

I know I'm too late but would like to share anyway! Some of these are amazing!!
This was for my daughter's 4th birthday. The body of the cake is chocolate marble cake, and the towers are swiss rolls. All painstakingly covered in fondant icing, the turrets are ice cream cones covered in pink buttercream, and the flowers are cut out from sugar paste and dusted with edible glitter,
It took hours but the look on dd's face was totally worth it!

dikkertjedap Sun 24-Feb-13 15:05:06

I like all the cakes, here, especially the Asparagus cake and the cake which had those beautiful clearly defined rainbow layers when cut.

dikkertjedap Sun 24-Feb-13 15:08:30

I mean the Moshi Monsters cake - brilliant!

Miami7 Sun 24-Feb-13 16:42:59

A swimming pool cake with blue jelly water for our 5 year olds pool party

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 25-Feb-13 09:11:39

Hi - the competition is now closed and we'll be posting up details of the three winners tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who entered - we're slightly staggered at how brilliant all these cakes are!

rockinhippy Mon 25-Feb-13 11:39:07

Oh drat, I meant to update with the making tips that I forgot to put with my original pictures, but completely forgot until this morning sad

I cannot believe how good these cakes are. How on earth MNHQ are going to choose winners is a bit beyond me.
You're a talented bunch.

desidesosa Tue 26-Feb-13 11:06:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

wem Tue 26-Feb-13 17:13:44

<all casual like> cough any news? cough

grin

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 27-Feb-13 10:01:14

The MNHQ jury has ruminated, not to mention cogitated and has finally agreed on our three cake decorating winners. We'll be PM-ing them all today in advance of Delia making the official announcement when she's in for her webchat tomorrow lunchtime.

I have to say the standard was unbelievably high. We're all quite staggered by your brilliance and inventiveness. What lucky families you all have!

elizabethaaliyah Wed 27-Feb-13 13:09:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Prisci Wed 27-Feb-13 14:10:04

For a friend 32nd Birthday! Oh la la ...:-)

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 28-Feb-13 14:08:08

Want to know who the winners are? Delia's just announced it over on her webchat thread.

Dozer Thu 28-Feb-13 22:25:23

These are all amazing! So many amazing cakes. Congratulations to the winners, but the cakes on this thread are all lovely. Think there should be an ongoing cake thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now