Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Writing icing recipe and tips?

(4 Posts)
redwallday Fri 18-Jan-13 09:43:58

Melt white chocolate and then let it firm up and pipe that xx

PandaG Wed 16-Jan-13 19:53:18

you can pipe chocolate ganache if you beat it and let it cool - is easier through a wider nozzle, say a star nozzle, than a fine one.

amazingmumof6 Wed 16-Jan-13 19:46:27

can you contact Tala for a recipe?

I use 175g icing sugar and about 15 ml water or lemon juice - best to experiment, if it's too runny add more icing sugar.

PeppermintCreams Wed 16-Jan-13 12:54:49

Any tips for writing on a chocolate fudge style cake? My son wants a chocolate rainbow cake for his birthday, so I want to do a practice "welcome home daddy" or valentines one so it doesn't matter if it goes wrong!

I have one of those basic tala icing sets with a writing nozzle. What sort of icing recipe should I use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now