Wanted:a recipe for cookies/biscuits, full of goodness, yet attractive to teenage boys

(8 Posts)
WantToFindWorkLifeBalance Tue 29-Jan-13 18:48:07

I haven't tried them yet but was planning to for a similar reason - www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7001/cinnamon-berry-granola-bars

Slainte Fri 25-Jan-13 16:33:42

Have just put these flapjacks in the oven will report back later and let you know how they turned out. Think I got the link from a previous MN post.

Drladybird Fri 18-Jan-13 21:01:42

What about these Pina colada cookies? They don't contain refined sugar (or any alcohol!). They go down well in our household as they are fruity and tasty.
Alternatively, these banana banana biscuits are also great but without the refined sugar or any hidden nasties. Easy to make and freeze well too. Hope that's helpful- I'm always on the lookout for wholesome and sweet snacks.

cleanandclothed Fri 18-Jan-13 13:53:42

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1263676/maple-pecan-and-raisin-oaty-cookies

I use this but with half the sugar and sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds thrown in. They freeze well too.

Slainte Fri 18-Jan-13 13:46:02

Bumping for you as I'd like a recipe too smile

mugsandcups Fri 04-Jan-13 16:31:38

penguin - thanks for that - sounds tasty.

Any more suggestions?

PenguinBear Fri 04-Jan-13 07:47:11

Possibly something quite oaty would help fill them up. Healthy recipe here

mugsandcups Thu 03-Jan-13 09:51:32

My sporty DSs are always starving when they come in. I'd like to make cookies/biscuits they can grab a handful of when they arrive home, and maybe take with them to training etc. But I don't want to just give them a pile of sugar, so need a recipe that's delicious but with some goodness in. If the mixture, or finished item, freezed well that would be a real bonus. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now