Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Will shortbread dough hold enough shape to do party biscuits?

(6 Posts)
MothershipG Sat 05-Jan-13 08:47:35

Fortune favours the brave! smile Pic?

FlopsyMopsyCottontail Fri 04-Jan-13 22:45:11

Just to say, I did it. They were fine. No splodging!

MothershipG Thu 03-Jan-13 08:31:30

Risky and do you need the stress? I think if you want reliable 6s it will be safer to use a more stable dough.

jennimoo Thu 03-Jan-13 07:14:16

Missed out that they were kept in a freezer bag til needed.

jennimoo Thu 03-Jan-13 07:13:49

I'd cut the 6's and pop on a tray and freeze. I even cut out, open froze, then cooked the day before, an army of teddy bears for DDs 2nd bday.

FlopsyMopsyCottontail Wed 02-Jan-13 22:57:19

here' a party, DD wants biscuits, she wants my fabbo shortbread <preen>, but she wants number 6-es.. Can I chill do dough, roll, press, ?chill again and bake? Or will they splodge?
If I wasn't so lazy I would do a test run, but I assume someone in MNWorld has tried this...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now