Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Birthday cake

(2 Posts)
FlopsyMopsyCottontail Wed 02-Jan-13 22:49:08

I have one of these evil micro/convection things and have never ever made a cake successfully in one. Sorry!
My fan oven is the baking oven. Can you access a normal oven?
BTW Aldi do bloody good loaf cakes in various flavours... wink

MaryHughes Wed 02-Jan-13 22:08:16

I'm trying to cook a birthday cake for my son's first birthday. It's going to be a tractor so to make it I need to cook a couple of loaf cakes and I am using Jamie Oliver's half chocolate half vanilla loaf recipe to do it. The problem is I am trying to cook it in a microwave convection oven and I can't seem to get the temperature / time adjusted correctly so that it doesn't burn on the outside and stay raw on the inside! Any help would be gratefully received! (The recipe says 180degrees for 35-40 mins - I tried cooking it on 160 degrees for 25 mins and then reduced it to 150 degrees. It's still cooking but the outside is getting dry and the inside is still wet.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now