Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Tastier alternative to glacé cherries

(2 Posts)

I'm planning to make some Florentines at the weekend (mmmm, florentines......) and the recipe calls for glacé cherries, however I'm not a huge fan and find them far too sweet and sickly.
Can anyone offer any alternative cherry suggestions, would standard dried cherries be ok?
I'm willing to try something excitingly extravagant (boozy cherries?) if necessary so long as they fit with the recipe and are available at my local Tesco! smile

EcoLady Wed 19-Dec-12 09:16:22

I too hate glace cherries! I have soaked dried cherries and dried cranberries in brandy before for cakes - was very good! Not tried them in florentines, but I don't see why it wouldn't work so long as they were not too soggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now