Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

The New Festive Christmas PUDDLE,

(1000 Posts)
ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 16:48:50

Here we are, a lovely shiny, new thread just in time for Xmas.

<puts up Xmas tree and decorations>

<hands round mulled wine and puts Christmas songs on the iPod>

Tee2072 Wed 30-Jan-13 12:06:31

Just keep playing with Twitter and you'll get it. I follow a lot of MNetters so you may want to look at my Followers list for ideas.

Brian I'm glad I could help.

Big news around here, which some of you saw, was me thinking I might be up duff. Test was negative, thank god, but I think the Mirena is not settling at all and making me feel ill and pregnant. Will see GP next week.

I'm about to fry up my weight in bacon to recover from having to POAS. Who would like some?

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Wed 30-Jan-13 13:19:52

Mmm bacon!

Perfect way to celebrate Tee not being pregnant. <chinks bacon sandwiches together in celebration>

littlemisssunny Wed 30-Jan-13 14:32:05

Ooh yes please to a bacon sarnie, well done with lots of sauce please grin

I need it today my darling 6 year old has been driving me crazy, he thinks its funny to swear and smack me sad having a hard time at the moment trying to get school to understand my concerns, his behaviour isn't improving and I don't know what else to try. He isn't really naughty in school but is struggling with his writing and sitting still.

I did punish him by making him sit in his bedroom on his bed but it isn't working anymore <sigh> I'm going to see the Senco who is my youngests teacher and she is lovely to see if she has any suggestions.

Anyway enough of my self pity, think I might do some baking later to cheer myself up, a jam sponge I think yum yum!

EmpressOfThePuddle Wed 30-Jan-13 14:45:12

Bring some of that sponge into the Puddle if you make it, Sunny!
I hope the senco can help.

afternoon all had a lovely day shopping and having lunch eith my Mum, me and dp upgrsded phones today so im using the mn app for the first time and touch screen to type so be prepared fot lots of typossmile

BonkeyMollocks Wed 30-Jan-13 17:11:27

Cake?

I'm on steroid eye drops again <sigh> - eye is pounding but at least I managed to get them from get them from the doc this time rather than trek all the way to the eye clinic and waste a whole day waiting hmm .

State new phone? What'ya get?

Tee yay for your neg!

Sunny Good luck! Hope you manage to sort it!

littlemisssunny Wed 30-Jan-13 17:11:35

Ooh exciting state what did you get?

Empress of course I shall share grin

My oh went to pick him up today and apparantly his behaviour is great in school, the teacher said he is just pushing the boundaries, my oh basically implied it must be something I am doing wrong sad

Oh well off to do the ironing and then make a cake and sit this evening and stuff my face with cake and drink wine <passes round wine glasses and plates for cake>

BonkeyMollocks Wed 30-Jan-13 17:29:18

sunny Are things ok with your oh?
He shouldn't be saying that, you should be working together to find a solution!

littlemisssunny Wed 30-Jan-13 17:39:25

Long story Bonkey let's just say he isn't very supportive!

I'm still going to have a word with the Senco just to see if she can advise me.

I am thinking along the lines of dyspraxia at the moment, my nephew has it and I see a lot of similarities, the trouble is school and oh don't think anything is wrong, but I would rather rule it out. Looks like its just me on my own fighting this battle, I do have a friend who has children in both my sons classes and she is being very supportive and the people on the Special needs board have given me some good advice. I'd be lost without MN and the warmth of the puddle smile

samsung galaxy 2 dp got the same and my mum and her dh have them too so weve been doing facetime in the same room <geeks>

i live it but im used to a blackberry for typing so its a learning curve!

BonkeyMollocks Wed 30-Jan-13 19:19:55

Samsungs are the mollocks! wink

Tee2072 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:09:33

state if you're having trouble with the keyboard look for Swift or Swype keyboard app. It makes it so you can just swipe your finger along the keys, not raise them up, like on a regular keyboard. It makes my life so much easier on my Kindle. I wish they made it for iPhone!

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Wed 30-Jan-13 20:11:44

oh I love my new galaxy! Although yes I have a keyboard app too

littlemisssunny Wed 30-Jan-13 20:25:34

I love getting a new phone, it's exciting!

I'm a bit addicted to candy crush on my phone, drains the battery though!

I remember being excited when I had a phone I could text from!

Shaky Wed 30-Jan-13 20:27:24

envy at all the posh new phones. I have an iphone3 on the network three, the reception is shite but it's ace for everything else. I can't wait to upgrade in March and find a network that actually gives me a signal

Did you say cake littlemisssunny ?

shock at the POAS, I missed that Tee I was probably trying to figure out how to use twitter. I'm glad you got the result you wanted.

I have actually been a REAL midwife this week, I am working with someone, so it's basically handholding for me. The buggers have changed the antenatal handheld notes while I was off bastards but I managed to do a clinic and a booking. This is huge progress considering I had forgotten how to write last week blush

Shaky Wed 30-Jan-13 20:32:04

I have a day off tomorrow, Yay! I'm knackered. This talking to real live people is kind of exhausting. Back in work Friday. grin I am on the mend and not totally incapable of speaking to other human beings. Who knows, I may even deliver a baby soon smile

Tee2072 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:36:01

Glad you're getting there, Shaky!

Yes. There's a thread in chat about it. I still feel horrid but I'm hoping it's just a bug and not a reaction to the Mirena. I wish I could go back on the damn pill!

littlemisssunny Wed 30-Jan-13 20:38:55

Yay well done shaky how exciting to deliver a baby awww

I'm not broody oh no

Tee I felt more pregnant on the pill than when I was actually pregnant!

i missed that too tee glad you got the result you wanted and hope you feel better soon, ill go look for swype now!

your doing great shaky smile i couldnt get on with iphone at all, alot of the 3 had signal issues no matter the network, im on o2 and it was dodgy.

im like a kid sbout sunny my blackberry was 2 years old and dying, the charging port fell out recently so i had to charge the battery using dps!

showtunesgirl Thu 31-Jan-13 11:14:09

Owwwwwwwwww. I paid my tax. sad

I officially have no money at all. I have no idea how I'm going to be able to afford to do anything and I'm sick of how precarious my finances are. And I can't see any way out of it.

EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 31-Jan-13 18:02:06

Shaky, sounds like you're doing brilliantly.
((((((((*Showy*)))))))) sad

EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 31-Jan-13 23:33:54

Right Puddlers, we're coming up to the end of the thread and I have an idea I want to try...

EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 31-Jan-13 23:37:41

You know how people can't always find the next thread....

EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 31-Jan-13 23:38:42

Well, I thought that if the last message in the previous thread was a link to the new one it would solve the problem! So here we are....

EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 31-Jan-13 23:41:41

This thread is not accepting new messages.