The New Festive Christmas PUDDLE,

(1000 Posts)
ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 16:48:50

Here we are, a lovely shiny, new thread just in time for Xmas.

<puts up Xmas tree and decorations>

<hands round mulled wine and puts Christmas songs on the iPod>

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Sun 16-Dec-12 20:57:44

state I think that it is the worst thing you can admit to isn't it, but it seems more common. I said on that thread and I will state here, I love my baby so much and I am now thrilled and excited. At the time I found out, I was shocked and then distraught at feeling shocked IYSWIM that it is a boy. I look at friend's boy toddlers and think 'oh my god' as they are all really hyper. DD must have been the same, but it is 7+ years ago and I can't remember gin numbed the memory

Of course there's a rational explanation BUT it isn't rational, it's hormone based or something equally messed up!

If I'm honest, I look at babies in general and get a sense of utter dread - whereas before getting pg I banged on and on about how broody I was and how much I loved babies! Easy to say that when you don't have the impending birth/sleepless nights/sore nipples looming round the corner grin

There are other times (more frequently than the dread) that I look at babies and think how lucky I am and get excited beyond belief. It is one extreme to the other!

Anywho...I need food! Mince pies are looking like a winner...mmmmmm!

Same here, I was cooing over twins in sainsburys today, then a few minutes later saw another newborn screaming, my blood actually ran cold realising the harsh reality!

Oh and my boy toddler, I would PAY to get another one like that he was an absolute dream, the girl otoh, there are simply NO words! Sure now he's 5 and thinks he's cool he gets a bit lairy but in general all the boys in our family are more laid back.

I was meant to be in bed a hour ago hmm

Got drawn in by Russell Crowe in a skirt grin

Well we got half way through wrapping all the christmas presents and ran out of wrap, bugger.

Also starting christmas shopping in june and hiding stuff when pregnant results in more than planned blush although it has all been facebook sale pages/sales/ebay/amazon bargains etc so I've spent less than ever on them, dp went from rather stern faced and snappy to mildly impressed as he added up.

And then remembered we've got them bikes in the garage! Granted we were given ds' as someone we knows ds got two so she gave us one and said use it as a gift, and only paid £12 for dds as when we got there they were out and then none of us had the right change so seller said all I need is cash for a helmet, checked argos and called it £12 well chuffed with that. I refuse to buy new bikes as they've already grown out of two previously!

Did I say me and my Mum went to get ds' snails last week? Well we were given 5, only wanted 3 but due to extreme cold the pet shop were concerned not all would make it, well we have 4 confirmed alive and they're fascinating, my Mum went from hating them to being obsessed and sending me photos, the highlight of christmas for me will be ds choosing names grin

Its been a long time since I've looked forward to christmas this much!

Its going to be a good christmas for the mini states! I do have a couple of things for baby state but that's only because ds and dd would question why santa hadn't brought anything, and we needed a bouncy chair anyway so figured that can be from me and dp, its only a few days to wait after getting home.

bonkey how's your elf getting on? We introduced ours a bit late and I expected ds to think it was a load of rubbish but they love it, have to say I'm being lazy and simply hiding him in new places not making him do stuff but its making the mainly dd behave better. They've named him baby elfie (like alfie mummy but he's an elf, get it?) Ha! He'll leave us after delivering the christmas eve hamper I think.

grin Our elf was orginally 'Alfie' because I thought it was clever wink - now he's Elfie! hmm

Our elf is a bugger. He went from being pretty good (before bday) to a little shit! He has played the wii, thrown pants all over the floor, made marshmallow snowmen, drank mummys wine angry . grin Last night he popped all ds's bday balloons (because they were pissing me off and if I did it then ds would be very sad) . We found him surrounded by deflated rubber.....ds was grin I was very smug! wink
Tonight is toilet roll night......
Our elf goes with Santa after the gift drop so he can help with the rest of the night.

I haven't even started wrapping yet. I fear it will be a xmas eve night job!

I have great plans for 'elfie' next year but this year I just couldn't be arsed seriously i won't lie.

I'm stupidly awake for this hour and its annoying me I have a lot to do, and I've realised to shower and get to hospital on time wednesday ill have to get up at 5/5.30 talk about start newborn stage on empty!

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 17-Dec-12 01:50:21

I'm up too, couldn't sleep so catching up on stuff.

5/5.30???? Could you get away with showering the night before, at least?

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Mon 17-Dec-12 07:31:32

::places husband on Twat Bench::

3 am he woke me up going to the loo. Okay, these things happen. But then he started slurping his glass of water sluuuurrrrp sluuurrrrp sluuurrrp. Then he fell back to sleep and started snoring (at this point I'm awake and reading my phone) then he wakes up again sluuurrrp sluuurrrp sluuuurrrpp. Then he decides to go sleep in our spare room. TOO LATE!

Those patio pavers are looking better and better all the time.

Of course he has slightly redeemed himself as he's decided he's not up for work, due to a small sniffle and one bad nights sleep, but can go finish his Christmas shopping and then pick up LT on his way home.

Normally I would empress but as I'm going in for an op I want to be as clean and fresh as possible, plus I have bastard hair which looks greasy really quickly and that just makes me feel yuck.

I have to be checked in on the ward by 7am, its a 30min drive ish over... Atleast I don't have to factor in time for breakfast, that just means ill be feeling awful, joy!

Bad mrtee but atleast he can do the shopping and fetch LT!

Well I'm now going with dp to have his toe dealt with... Because that's what we should be doing today, we've nothing else we need to be doing at all. <Glares>

Mcdonalds breakfast anyone?

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Mon 17-Dec-12 10:01:47

We have got an elf too grin
His name is Edgar, he's not very naughty though, he just gets off the shelf and hides in different places.
He might be naughty tonight though!

I'm going to my occupational health appointment this afternoon.

Thanks for breakfast State, hope Stateman gets his toe sorted ok.

Good luck shaky and for Stateman --which gives me visions of superman type costumes grin

I'm closing shop today - will be glad of a break! The beads are taking over! Maybe I may be able to get xmas sorted - finally!

I have a craving for a fried egg sandwich ....

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 17-Dec-12 10:29:27

Good luck Shaky and the States.

I've started the countdown going on the song thread. I think the deadline should be tomorrow evening.

I was just about to say empress they only have one whole day left --looks terrified--

Well I'm officially organised, almost, just need to pack my case and buy batteries for a few bits x

<Puts dp on the twat bench>

All feel free to poke him in the eye every time you pass he is in an utterly vile mood for no good reason what so ever slamming around the house shouting and generally being a total arsehole, I've no fucking time for him right now and I'm especially angry as I've spent half the day upset as new hospital visiting times means he'll miss out on time with the baby, well good, he's vile. sad

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 17-Dec-12 17:42:47

<hugs State>

I bet he won't be stropping once your gorgeous baby's born. Not long now....

I hope not because his strops and my new baby hormones will not be a pleasant mix, I hate these stupid fucking pain killers he's on, every few weeks we get these unecessary/pointless/no cause for temper tantrums.

He carrys on much longer I'm stamping on his toe, or is that unreasonable.

I think I would kill someone for a KFC right now!
My appetite seems to be back and wanting fatty southern fried chicken hmm

State A toe stamp is fine - a 'Oops Iv'e dropped the iron on your foot...' then yes YABU grin

Hmmmm, I could go for a kfc wrap...

I think he'd prefer the iron on his good toe than my foot on the one the dr cut up today..."I need to keep it elevated" ill fecking elevate you in a minute stateman, when my foot kicks you up the arse!

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Mon 17-Dec-12 20:26:49

<strolls into Puddle brandishing a DP whacker>

RIGHT BOYS....I AM PREGNANT AND PISSED OFF FOR NO APPARENT REASON...COME TO MOMMA!!

[scary psycho emoticon]

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 17-Dec-12 20:43:28

<edges warily round Brian>

So DD casually mentions a couple of hours ago that she needs to wear 'something Christmassy' on Thursday. After about half an hour's interrrogation it becomes clear that this means red and white party clothes and a Santa hat. And so we are waiting outside the changing rooms at H&M listening to crap music. Grrrrr.

On the good side, Olivia says not to worry, she hasn't forgotten.

DreamyDreaminOfAWhiteChristmas Mon 17-Dec-12 20:55:39

Not long now State! I'm so excited for you! Another snuggly puddle baby. smile The visiting hours are ridiculous, are they rigidly enforced for Dp's? Maybe you could sweet talk them into letting Dp in earlier/later. You could make them a cake as a bribe!

I have wrapped and packed all the children's and Dh's presents ready to take to my parents. Only problem is they won't all fit in the car as well as our clothes, car seats and dog. Fortunately BIL and his wife have room (SIL's parents live in the same village as my parents and they're visiting them for christmas - SIL is my childhood friend, she met Dh's brother at our wedding and now they're married) so they're transporting them for us. Phew! We were starting to think we'd have to take both cars!

I'm going horse riding soon, at a heavy horse centre. I haven't ridden in over a year and I decide to get on an 18hh beast! Can't wait!

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Mon 17-Dec-12 20:56:56

I'm ok - honest <twitch>

I am Spotifying Chicago (musical) and Cabaret - I can feel the stress leaving me.

Totally unjustified stress, bloody hate hormones (is the only possible explanation).

I have - no man to get stressed about, have done ALL my Christmas present buying and wrapping and my house is mostly clean (which is amazing). DD is behaving herself and we have lots to look forward to - including her birthday on Sunday (which I can't actually afford the party but mum has offered to loan me half the money, it isn't expensive as such but I have spent all spare cash and had nothing left over! doh!) I have also finished work until 7th Jan.

Seriously, I need to get a grip!

envy Dreamy been ages since Iv'e ridden a proper horse! Lovely story abotu your sil and dh!

Brian T'is all allowed, your preggers!

I have cheesy chips and the big bang theory !

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Mon 17-Dec-12 21:37:08

Today I have discovered LoveFilm On Demand and Grey's Anatomy.

How do I replace my husband with Patrick Demspey?

{{{group hug}}}

::THWACK to all annoying other halves::

Mine is currently off the bench because he picked LT up from school and carried home the last of LT's Christmas presents. Huge Disney bag but luckily, being 3, LT bought the story that it was food. grin

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Mon 17-Dec-12 22:02:43

Gratuitous pic of the cake I will make in the image of Jeffrey Dean Morgan grasps at straws

aaaaahhhh! Another Grey's convert - are you watching from the very beginning or are you on the latest series?

Patrick Dempsey, as much as he is attractive, is not a patch on.....Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

The Denny storyline, without a doubt, is ridiculous but my god, I have never cried so much.

I only discovered Grey's in October, I am currently on Season 5. I did as many free trials as I could before stupidly committing to Blockbuster online (forgot to cancel in time and am now stuck with them!) It is worth it though, my life would be duller without Mc Dreamy, Mc Steamy and co!

This thread is not accepting new messages.