The New Festive Christmas PUDDLE,

(1000 Posts)
ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 16:48:50

Here we are, a lovely shiny, new thread just in time for Xmas.

<puts up Xmas tree and decorations>

<hands round mulled wine and puts Christmas songs on the iPod>

IamtheZombie Thu 24-Jan-13 20:24:20

grin

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Thu 24-Jan-13 20:31:06

<laughs lots @ BOOM>

grin

I am not very creative, but have been learning to knit this year. I can only do straight rows (queen of scarves) and am currently doing a blanket which is actually looking fab.

I keep picking up knitting patterns and doing a catsbumface when I get all confused at the gobbledygook involved!

EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 24-Jan-13 20:54:27

Hello
Bonkey, I love the chainmaillle.
Brian, you're creative too!
Which corner are you in, Zombie?

Tee2072 Thu 24-Jan-13 22:09:41

Evening all

Been down with a migraine all day.

Brian other way, I told him daddy would have to do bedtime if he wouldn't listen to mummy. Daddy did do bedtime today since I was still so ill with my head and he still played up. Not sure what's up with him!

Sorry about your nan.

Very pretty chainmaille, Bonkey! I used to hang out with a guy who did Society for Creative Anachronism in a big way and he used to sit and make chainmail. He called it his knitting, took it everywhere with him, always fiddling with it!

No body puts zombie in a corner! grin

BonkeyMollocks Thu 24-Jan-13 22:49:12

Hope you feel better soon Tee !

BonkeyMollocks Fri 25-Jan-13 18:28:18

<pulls in cake in hoping it draws everyone in>

BonkeyMollocks Fri 25-Jan-13 20:06:37

Nope?

No one?

Okey dokes!

<snaffles whole cake> grin

Shaky Fri 25-Jan-13 20:19:34

<grabs cake from Bonkey before she scoffs the lot>

This work malarkey is seriously interfering with my MN career. I don't like it (I do really)

Sorry I have been absent from the puddle and everyone seems to be having a bit of a hard time.

State I think Lily is having the notorious 6 week growth spurt, I reckon that the next time you get her weighed she will have put on loads of weight. Ds used to have his Screamy time 8-10pm every single, bloody night.

BonkeyMollocks Fri 25-Jan-13 20:32:34

How is work Shaky ? Still going well?

Shaky Fri 25-Jan-13 21:48:04

It has been good. I have done 2 days for 2 weeks and have sorted out my emails, been for 2 training updates, sorted out all my post, updated and caught up with my caseload, restocked my blood bottles etc (they were all out of date). I even found an ancient pair of sterile loves that expired 2011 shock

Next week I am working with another midwife, doing clinics, postnatal visits, bookings etc, I am going to have to find my "I'm ok and you would never know that I live with depression" face, I CAN do it smile

BonkeyMollocks Fri 25-Jan-13 23:35:15

You can do it!

You will be fine! So pleased its working for you this time! smile

You can shaky smile so glad things are working and you feel more in control.

I'm actually clueless with Lily atm, she's so content 90% og the time then has these patches of what seems sheer frustration, I think its when she needs to sleep but hasn't fell asleep feeding so gets most annoyed, she also hates too many people around choas/noise. Is an absolute poppet when its just a few people and not too loud, I'm just guessing here. As she has days where she loves the dummy and that helps a lot then will go nuts if I even approach her with one another time.
Its manageable as once she's over it she's easy, I just hate feeling so helpless.

Tee2072 Sat 26-Jan-13 08:14:49

Moaning.

::rises wanly from her sick bed, a lovely scarf wrapped around the absolutely horrid looking mark from her mole removal::

I was down with a migraine on Thursday. Got my stitches out Friday. It really looks horrible. I hope it heals looking much better!

I remember that helpless feeling, State. This Too Shall Pass.

Glad things are going well Shaky. Eventually, that mask will be second nature. No one who meets me would ever know how messed up things are in my head!

I am sending MrT and LT out to LT's Saturday class and crawling into bed soon. Have lovely days!

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Sat 26-Jan-13 11:26:29

Hello! smile As most of you know who I spoke to on FB - I couldn't get on this thread from phone in hospital. Was discharged yesteday after having a massive asthma attack. Got told off for not going in last Fri! Lovely to be at home!smile Will read up later and catch up on all the news

Shaky Sat 26-Jan-13 21:24:32

Thanks everyone.

Giraffes I'm glad you are home and ok.

I have found my "I'm ok" mask so I will be fine next week grin

I hope your wound heals soon Tee

Here's hoping for a quiet night for you State

Tee2072 Sun 27-Jan-13 09:59:25

Morning guys

My throat looks a little bit better every day, so I'm hoping it will be invisible soon!

Glad you're home giraffes.

Excellent on finding 'that' face, shaky.

It's gorgeous here. I should do something about that...

Evening all!

I need a kind of rant/whinge.

Lilys doing much better at night ever since I left the light on, horrah, she doesn't cry of scream just grunts and looks for food, doesn't even open her eyes lazy girl, settles between 11/12 sleeps until 2, and then until 6 then wakes up 10ish! However we are still getting the screaming at other times I'm now 100% sure its what I thought, she's overtired/cant settle herself to sleep so I rock sssh and pat until she doses off, and the screaming time is getting shorter, all good imo.

However, and I can say this here, I don't think dp likes her, when she screams he gets very irritable, snaps at me if I speak to him and I can see out of the corner of my eye him glancing over every minute or so like he thinks I'm not doing enough/it right. Yesterday I gave her to him as I needed a wee and heard him snap oh just shut up, it made me really sad, she is 5wks old ffs and sleeps really well, sometimes she just needs help. sad

IamtheZombie Sun 27-Jan-13 18:09:41

Evening Puddle.

Zombie and DZoH are just back home after visiting DSD1 for the weekend.

Tee, it's amazing how quickly scars heal and fade.

giraffes, glad you're home. Now keep taking care of yourself.

Shaky, you'll be fine. Zombie has spoken.

State, tiny babies are a mystery to Zombie so she's not much help...

Tee2072 Sun 27-Jan-13 19:45:02

State I remember feeling like that when LT was the Incredible Unsleeping Baby, I often snapped at him, poor wee mite. I don't think that he doesn't like her, he just feels helpless that he doesn't know how to help her.

I hope you had a nice trip Zombie. It is amazing how quickly the scar is fading. Thank goodness. I'm not all that vain but it is right in everyone's line of sight. smile

Not much going on around here, bad week, okay weekend. Hopefully next week will be better!

BonkeyMollocks Sun 27-Jan-13 19:55:22

state sad
I found that the older ds got the better dh got with him. I'm sure its just the adjusting period of having three not two! Is it worth trying to have a chat?

giraffes Love your new NN grin .

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Sun 27-Jan-13 20:45:42

giraffes, very glad you're home!

State, my Dh is the same sometimes. He snapped at baby dreamy to shut up the other night, and I went mad. I snatched him up and took him downstairs. It's fair enough to get stressed when they cry, but telling a young baby to shut up is horrible in my opinion. They can't help crying! They're young, probably in pain from teeth moving in their gums and everything growing, and that's the only way they can communicate. Dh can't really cope with a crying baby, he seems to think that because I have boobs I'm the only one who can settle him, but if baby dreamy's not hungry then Dh has exactly the same capabilities as me to settle him! He was the same with Ds1, but now he's 3 Dh is great with him.

Glad Lily is sleeping better. smile

EmpressOfThePuddle Sun 27-Jan-13 20:54:28

State, loved the story about DD1 wanting to feed Lily with her 'nibbles'! I don't have any advice, sorry, but what was he like with your other two as babies?

Glad its fading fast tee if its any comfort my section scar from ds faded so much the consultant had to really get close and stare, and dds was only just visible, even Lilys is rapidly fading, yes I have 3 seperate scars, good job im not a bikini person ha!

empress he was great with the older two, but then ds never cried, he was just perfect. Dd1 was a menace so we grumbled together through the fog of no sleep and constant crying.

With Lily I'm a bit feircely protective ill admit, she is my last baby and I spent 8mnths convinced I'd never meet her and I've spent the past 5wks checking she's breathing. I think what he finds hard, and I do too, is she can be so content and laid back to sobbing in seconds, I'm working really hard to watch her for sleep/feed me cues so she doesn't get agitated, I've also changed what nappies we use as the others didn't seem to keep her dry at all for any time, I'm noticing improvements with her but when she's sobbing uncontrolably, won't feed or settle its hard to think straight or see the light, she's doing it right now and he totally ignores, is just glued to the laptop that annoys me, he won't look up ask if I'm ok, need a hand anything he's just switched off, but if she does it when he wants to watch tv ir sleep he's dead moody.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sun 27-Jan-13 21:54:25

I can't offer advice on an OH during the early days, as never had one with DD.

ExP is going to be around during the day for the first 2 weeks (his paternity leave) and I've no idea how that will go - so I may be back then picking your brains!

Have a ((hug)) State. I want to say that your DP needs to stop being an arse and support you. From what you have written he sounds like he's a petulant child! I'm sorry I can't offer advice, but I am happy to rant with you smile

Glad to hear you are out of hospital giraffes hope you are back to full health soon.

Tee did you go out and enjoy the nice weather? We did today, it was almost Spring-like. Bright blue skies, 9 degrees - gorgeous! Then it pissed down grin

Hope the Zombies had a nice time at DSD's, do anything fun?

I went to see nan yesterday....gah. Was awful and such hard work. I do think she is having a period of clarity and awareness at the moment, unfortunately she has no emotion to go with it. I told her exactly what was wrong with mum and the reasons for it, she didn't particularly care and just went on and on about how if things aren't sorted soon she'll (nan) have another stroke. Basically, she wanted a pity party. My mum is on the verge of a stroke or heart attack with the state of her blood pressure, because of nan's actions and I am so angry with her, which then leads to guilt. It is hard to stay within the realms of logic when faced with provocation. Dementia is an evil disease sad Mum has said she doens't know if she'll ever see her again, this has brought up stuff from her childhood that I didn't know much about and things are spiralling. God knows how this will pan out!

In other news. Drunk FB message from Ex last night. Declaration of love. Double GAH. I laughed it off this morning and said it was all right for some, going out and having a good time. He seemed ok and it hasn't been mentioned. I can't turn feelings on if they're not there - just as, it would seem, he can't turn them off when they are there. Again, God knows how this will pan out.

I think hibernation (with chocolate and cake) is the way forward grin

and wine but that ain't gonna happen any time soon

Oh fecking hell brian good luck with that one, dp may be a moody arse at times but relationship wise I've had it pretty simple we met a week after I turned 17 and been together ever since I have NO idea how to deal with drunk declarations of love when the feelings aren't returned.

I shouldn't be so hard on dp really he's on a huge cocktail of drugs to try and control the pain, the pain makes him grumpy because it never goes, the drugs cause mood changes and he's taken over running the house and all school runs pretty much since I was 30 odd wks pregnant. He also hates being away from work and is dealing with loosing his Grandad and his dad being ill. Still dp, don't tell my baby to shut up as all rational thought vanishes rapidly.

I've managed to speak to him this evening and he did listen so we'll see how it goes, he just doesn't understand why she gets so distressed so suddenly well nor do I!. Doesn't help him Mum bangs on about how sil had her ds in his own room at 5wks sleeping through I may have snapped she's bloody irresponsible, she leaves them to cry, cc with a newborn for goodness sake, night feeds are 'indulging them' shock I was quite alarmed last week that 7mo nephew spent the entire day in his cot upstairs or a bouncy chair in front of the tv with no toys/interaction! At that age my big ones sat on a mat surrounded by toys playing making a racket and enjoying anyone who smiled at them. <Hoiks judgy pants>
I just parent however suits each child, gone a bit attachment parenting this time, or in there eyes, she's spoilt!

I'll shut up now.

brian I really hope your Mum is ok, my Grandma worked in a care home for people with Dementia and always said how it effects family far more than the person who has it, she often had to comfort distraught relatives and said many of her ladies, whom she adored, were selfish old buggers. Its hard, so hard and frustrating to deal with what they say and do and remember it isn't really them. Xxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.