The New Festive Christmas PUDDLE,

(1000 Posts)
ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 16:48:50

Here we are, a lovely shiny, new thread just in time for Xmas.

<puts up Xmas tree and decorations>

<hands round mulled wine and puts Christmas songs on the iPod>

BonkeyMollocks Fri 18-Jan-13 17:33:43

Well, results are in and tbh I'm not really sure what to make of them!
She said all the major stuff (liver/kidneys/sugar/iron etc) is normal and clear but the results are showing a inflammatory which is telling them that there is something wrong.
Me:What does that mean?
Doc:Basically that we know your not 100% but we have no idea why!

In other words, I am stuck in square one except I have had it confirmed that i'm not well.... hmm

What the buggering hell am I meant to do with that?!?!?!!?

More blood tests in a month to see if whats wrong with me is still wrong . <sigh>

Tee2072 Fri 18-Jan-13 17:41:41

Gee. Thanks GP. There's nothing they can recommend?!?! Second opinion?

BonkeyMollocks Fri 18-Jan-13 17:45:27

She just said to carry on trying to eat normally and hopefully I should start to feel better soon. hmm

I'm deflated. I hate the in-between ness! I would rather know whats wrong and deal, or know that i'm clear and deal!

And to top it off - I fecking hate blood tests and I have to have another one!

BonkeyMollocks Fri 18-Jan-13 17:47:02

<writes lots of multi-vitamins on shopping list>

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Fri 18-Jan-13 20:24:04

Oh how useless Bonkey! Can you get a second opinion anywhere?

We have some snow, but not as much as it seems everyone else has. That's unusual for us, as normally, if there's any snow to be had, we have it! This year was the first time since Ds1 was born that we did not have a white christmas. sad Hopefully it'll hold off snowing heavily till tomorrow night, as I've ordered a sledge and it should come tomorrow!

Glad you've managed to get some sleep Tee.

We tried dummies with both Dcs, but neither would keep them in their mouths. We got so tired of holding the dummy in til they fell asleep, then as soon as we let go it would fall out and they'd start crying, that we gave up. I think it might be because they both have tongue tie, so they can't hold the dummy properly. Fortunately, Ds1 is now a good sleeper (despite being a terrible sleeper for the first 6 months or so) and Ds2 is (so far) a good sleeper jinxed it now! so we haven't needed them.

BonkeyMollocks Fri 18-Jan-13 20:37:05

Snowy pic from walk no.2 of the day! smile

I'm not sure a second opinion would tell me anything. Test results are test results. sad

Ds didn't take to a dummy either. Same as your dc's dreamy . I gave up and he found his thumb instead!

Shaky Fri 18-Jan-13 20:39:53

We have lots of snow, approx 6 inches. I had to pick ds up early as nursery was closing at 2pm. He was in a foul mood as he had just woken from his nap, been to the toilet and I was taking him home. He was in a complete daze but grumpy and illogical, it took about an hour to get any sense out of him.

He had a dummy until he was 10 weeks old, he found his thumb and never looked back. If he had a dummy in, he would slide his thumb in behind the dummy and flick it out. He also refused a bottle from 6 months, he would put his hands over his mouth, turn his head away and scream blue murder! He would only take milk from a tommy tippie cup and had to do it himself. He has always been a contrary little bugger.

Sorry you have no clear answers Bonkey I must be frustrating for you. It does sound like some sort of food intolerance to me although I am not a doctor

Hope you have a better night tonight Tee

Tee2072 Fri 18-Jan-13 20:51:47

Even we have lots of snow. I think it's snowed this much one other time in my nearly 10 years of living here.

EmpressOfThePuddle Sat 19-Jan-13 07:27:04

Morning, hope everybody slept and that you're feeling better, Tee.

<snuggles Bonkey> Crap. I hope they work it out.

DD's fine, Dreamy, was back to school the next day - and most annoyed to discover that being off sick on the day of the whole class detention for talking simply meant she had to do it all by herself the next day grin

Glad work's going ok Shaky.

We didn't seem to have a huge amount of snow yesterday but it was ennough for them to close schools and suspend trains. I'm going to go look out of the window in a minute.

Morning all,

Hope you got a better nights sleep Tee

Despite a small baby strop first babystate settled at 11.50 with the dummy being swaddled and slept until 5am! Then again until 9. I quite like this baby grin

I'm taking the dcs to my aunts today, she has a huge garden full of virgin snow grin

Tee2072 Sat 19-Jan-13 11:00:27

Had a much better night, thanks all. Sounds like you did, too State!

My husband was on the edge of the Twat Bench™ when I asked him to feel my bandage and see if it was wet (I just couldn't tell) and he poked it with his finger! OUCH! The bandages come off tomorrow and then I don't have to be quite so careful, although I did manage to wash my hair today.

We are having a quiet day. LT's Saturday sports class was cancelled due to the sports centre being flooded! We are assuming burst pipe although it hasn't been all that cold. Nice amount of snow but none of us can be arsed to go out and play. ::lazy:: grin

Glad you had a better night tee and silly DH!

We've had a lovely day, the dcs loved having free run of a huge garden (ours is a postage stamp) with my 12 and 8yo cousins, and I loved my cousins keeping them busy! Lily vegged out in the sling and made eyes at my aunt and uncle and I've just felt really content all day, if I forget about dps health issues, lifes good smile

Oh and we made a snowman with boobs, my family may be a bit odd grin

What's everyone been up to?

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Sat 19-Jan-13 22:22:20

The sledge I ordered arrived! Just in time for the snow. grin I think the delivery man made a special effort to deliver it as he knew we'd want to use it today. grin So I've been dragging Ds1 around the village on it and he's had a great time. The snow isn't sticky enough to make a snowman though, it's really powdery. sad

We went to look at the house today, Dh loved it. I like it, but it's very dated in it's decor and I'm crap at seeing beyond that. It was full of hideous ornaments too. I know it will be fine if we buy it and decorate, but we'd probably have to live with the godawful patterned 70's carpets, peach bathroom suite with bidet, and terracotta wallpaper for a while 'til we get organised. The small garden is also a let down for me, but I think that might have to be the sacrifice I have to make if we want a bigger house on a nice, quiet street. It ticks every other box so I can live with a small garden I think.

We got a quote for double glazing our 2 front windows, and a new front door. £2000! I had no idea it was so expensive. sad

Lily sounds like a dream baby State! Baby dreamy is very good to us too, thank god! Ds1 was very, er, frustrated as a baby. He wasn't happy until he could walk. Right from the start I swear he was Stewie Griffin - he knew what he wanted, he just didn't have the ability to get it, so he screamed! By the time he was baby dreamy's age, he was rolling over, sitting unaided, and crawling. He's still very driven now. Baby dreamy is quite content to lie there cooing and smiling at us, and I'm very happy with that! grin

That's great! I need to get a proper sledge for this lot, the big two have (or should I said had, one broke today) those small weird shaped ones, look like a huge spade you sit on and pull the handle between your legs iyswim, great for hills but break when dp pulls them around on them.

She's almost there, just need to crack this screamy thing at night and gradually reduce the co-sleeping. I think she's like this though because I don't stress, with ds and dd I'd spend hours trying to lay them down, why? When I can get a few hours sleep with them. grin stewie griffin! Dd was like that, still is, always in a hurry to grow up. I caried her in from the car asleep tonight and it was like I hadn't looked at her properly for some time and I'd missed her becoming a little girl instead of a baby!

Shame the house isn't perfect for you, small garden is a deal breaker for me after living here, I thought it wouldn't matter, that said our garden is VERY small, around 20x15ft ish. We do have a 10ft trampoline though which dwarfs it as I couldn't let it go when we moved, so that makes up for the lack of running space, and we live in a forest so they're not lacking outdoor space, but I covet my aunts massive garden, letting them out and knowing they're enclosed and safe to run about and ride bikes is lovely. Although if I had this house but in my home town I could tollerate the small garden, its the area that I hate. <Pointless waffly post>

YY laying there cooing and smiling without a doubt the best stage, its not so fun when they move.

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Sun 20-Jan-13 12:48:11

I do wonder if baby dreamy is so chilled and content, because I'm so much more laid back and confident with him than I was with Ds1, or if he's just naturally like that. I think Ds1 would still have been a whirlwind though, no matter how relaxed I was!

Since baby dreamy was born, Ds1 has suddenly become a boy rather than a toddler. It happened instantly - MIL brought him into hospital to visit his new baby brother and he was suddenly huge, and grown up!

The back garden at the house is 2 fairly narrow tiers of paving (and a third tier that's just a strip in front of the hedge). There's no chance of anything like a trampoline without some serious excavation, and even then it would completely fill the space. sad The front has 2 large raised beds either side of the driveway, so no chance of using those for a play area either. We'll figure something out, I think I'd want to extend the bottom tier into the middle one, so they would at least have space to ride a bike in a circle.

My awesome news of the day - I have Mastitis again. Just woke up with it this morning. This is the 3rd fucking time! sad I've been pumping after feeds to try and get rid of the lump, but it's not working. It's still hot, red and very painful, and I feel rotten. Back to the doctor tomorrow for more ABs. sad

Oh dreamy that is shit, you must be so fed up of it now! I'm in awe of you keeping feeding I have to say, I had 24hrs of pain with that spot thing and was fit to break out the bottles. Fingers crossed the anti bs kick it quickly!
Shame about the garden but having thought about it, I'd tollerate no garden when we move back to our home town for the right house and just being back there, I can always take them out to run, ride bikes etc, location and the house are more important.

My ds has been a menace today, lots of strops, my cousins have let him and dd borrow a massive wooden castle and all the knights etc, but he screamed in her face everytime she did anything that she's wrong, when all she's doing is playing nicely, just not the way he wanted. He's in his room for the 3rd time... Bed at 6pm before one of us has a breakdown!

Babystates didn't have her screamy time last night, settled for bed at 11.40, slept until 4.30 fed and slept until the big ones woke her. She's been a bit cranky today but always is when the older two are playing up, don't blame her really!

Tee2072 Sun 20-Jan-13 17:22:35

Evening all.

LT lost all TV today for not living up to his promise to let me cut his hair. He's had more fun today than if he could have the TV on. So not a punishment then. I swear, I'm leaving the TV off from now on, he's having so much fun. Now...how do I get him past his terror of a haircut?

That totally sucks Dreamy. I never had any milk so I have no idea what it's like but Mastitis sounds horrible.

State so glad BabyState is such a great sleeper. LT was never one of those until he was about 3!

Ha, well she made me eat my words last night as she screamed for an hour! And woke 3 times, still not awful for one so young but it was a shock to the system. Dd was the same tee only started sleeping through the night last year and did 2hrly feeds until 9mo!

No idea how to get them over haircut fear, ds has been fine since he's been 5, as I can have a rational conversation with him. He used to scream and sob, hence the very long hair he had.

Hope your feeling better dreamy

They've shut dds nursery and ds is on reduced hours 9.50-2, dd is climbing the walls!

EmpressOfThePuddle Mon 21-Jan-13 17:45:23

<snuggle everyone>
<hands round slices of hot chocolate fudge cake with cream>
Go and read the MotherSuperiorHelenMumsnet thread in Site Stuff.

Mmm cake cheers empress <glares at snow preventing us from moving the car in the direction of cake>

BonkeyMollocks Mon 21-Jan-13 18:44:39

I'm sick of snow!

We are due more tonight!

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Mon 21-Jan-13 19:23:33

Hello!!

I've no hope of catching up with the thread so thought it best just to jump in.

Lots been going on in RL, but most importantly (the main reason for my absence) there have been millions of Les Mis threads and I have had to contribute to them aaaaallll to get my fix grin Therefore, my entire MN time has been spent on them and not here <flails self>

Hope all are ok?

Everything a bit meh round here at the min - mum very unwell due to stress/high blood pressure, basically has had a breakdown caused by Nan's dementia and her unfounded accusations (SS investigations have found no evidence) of abuse against her daughters sad. Plus lack of support from SS for a family falling apart at the seems, distant relatives who haven't the first clue about dementia sticking their oar in. God it's horrible.

I was in hospital last week when Boy went 12 hours with virtually no movement - he eventually moved after half an hour of being on the monitor on labour ward!! Even had to have an internal exam to make sure I wasn't in prem labour!! All ok thankfully and thinking about it now, it must have been down to the events of the day before (mum becoming ill).

Nice stuff happening too - all to do with Boy and DD, thankfully that seems to be pulling the family through, but only just.

So, yeah - hopefully this explains my desire to immerse myself in musical theatre for the past week and hide from RL!

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Mon 21-Jan-13 19:24:38

*abuse against Nan by the daughters

EmpressOfThePuddle Mon 21-Jan-13 19:30:31

Poor you, Brian.
<wraps in soft, fluffy fleece and offers cake>
It's lovely to see you though and I'm so glad Boy's ok. I saw the about DD standing up to the other kids, you must be so proud of her.

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Mon 21-Jan-13 19:40:03

<Hugs> Brian, you've been having a really shitty time. sad I hope your Mum feels better soon and you can all get the support you need.
Glad your Boy is ok, he's very naughty scaring you like that!

State, I'm basically extremely lazy! The thought of washing and sterilising bottles, preparing formula, remembering to take everything with me every time I leave the house etc, just makes me stress! I will put up with considerable pain just to avoid that! I've kind of got used to the pain anyway now, so it doesn't bother me as much. Hopefully it won't be for much longer though. I have antibiotics now for the bastard mastitis, and I'm alternating paracetamol and ibuprofen. Dh took the day off so I spent most of the day in bed. He and Ds1 played in the snow in the back garden and I sat in a chair in the doorway, in my pjs with a blanket over me like an old biddy!

Thanks for the cake Empress. grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.