The New Festive Christmas PUDDLE,

(1000 Posts)
ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 16:48:50

Here we are, a lovely shiny, new thread just in time for Xmas.

<puts up Xmas tree and decorations>

<hands round mulled wine and puts Christmas songs on the iPod>

YY to black crust!

I have a dragon a-cooking! grin

Oooh state last weekend as a family of 4! <exciting>

Traits ! Cheers Shaky grin

Driving me mad that was!

It is so exciting but I also feel a bit overwhelmed, like on the verge of tears worrying about what I need to do by tuesday.

My mum her dh and dbro and sis are meant to be here christmas day and were yet to discuss food etc and time has run out!

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Sat 15-Dec-12 22:42:35

<boggles at sandwich habits>
<gets behind State and starts backrub*>

State It will all fall into place!

Chill ya boots wink

Decide on everything - give your mum a call and issue instructions! No one will argue with you!

Enjoy it all with your new bundle!

Ds was 2 1/2 weeks on his first xmas and it was just lovely! Hectic because he wasn't meant to arrive til Jan 6th but just lovely! smile

As much as I adore my Mum, there's a reason she's coming to us meaning dp has to go get them, rather than us to them, she's not very organised and tends to flap, dp otoh can run christmas day seamlessly, and cooks the most amazing roast so I have no worries there, I just feel like I've forgotten something important! And feel a bit helpless and useless that ill be pretty much unable to be involved.

I think I've wrote a list and organised myself...

Can't think what to do with the dcs tomorrow as I don't want to travel far and they don't want to be outside in this rotten weather, may just take them to mcds, that's a huge treat in their eyes.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Sun 16-Dec-12 08:02:39

Don't worry about Christmas, State. Go have your baby. Let others worry about Christmas.

Mcds sounds like a huge treat to me, too. grin

Two days in a row LT has slept until 7! ::faints:: I even slept until 830 yesterday and 6 today. Must be the holiday air.

I could murder a bacon sandwich this morning. Too bad we have no bacon...

Same here tee however we also lack bacon!

Well the ministates let us lie in, however in the half hour before we got up me and dp asked them to pop away any toys they got out so instead they trashed their rooms, so that lie in, not really worth it. And they're both being shouty and rude so mcds may not be happening unless they sort the attitude out!

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Sun 16-Dec-12 12:13:17

My lovely husband has brought me bacon! Woukdnt you like some state?

It took that long to tidy the dcs chaos and deal with 40,000 tantrums about who did what and why they wouldn't tidy, get washed and dressed we didn't get breakfast until 11.30!

I'm going to get bacon and nice rolls or bread for a late lunch I think, I need it.

How to impress a 4 and 5yo, ask them what pizza they'd like for dinner and order in, they were amazed that someone cooked it and brought it to our door!

And then let them eat in front of a christmas film.

Only 3 sleeps until baby state/jesus arrives!!!!!!!

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Sun 16-Dec-12 17:49:19

Why are there such utter fuckwits on this site?

angry

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Sun 16-Dec-12 18:15:31

I rephrase.

such *a few

There are actually many more lovely people - even more regular people and although I don't always share the views of those who post their opinions I can respect them.

Fuckwits, nah - they just make me update my list of shit and then employ my own personal 'hide poster' function ie ignore the twunts

rant over.

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday <hands out reduced price Mr Kipling Viennese Whirls>

What's up brian?

Fuckwits on mumsnet at this time of year always happens. Hope no ones upset you <looks menacing>

I am so ready to have this baby now, slept pretty well last night, and kids let us sleep until 9.30 so why did I just fall asleep on the sofa??

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Sun 16-Dec-12 19:40:02

Making the most of sleep while you can State!

Fuckwits in RL too! angry

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Sun 16-Dec-12 19:56:21

Which fuckwits in particular?

What's up bonkey

<Sharpens pitch forks>

Fucking customer taking the piss! Excuse the swearing but I am so close to fucking bastarding swearing at the twat!

She claims some charms have fallen off a bracelet. Now I check and double check and test every bloody charm/bracelet/item etc before it goes out.

One off - Fair enough - tis unlucky but possible!

Two off - Very unlucky still vaguely possible!

FIVE - You are taking the actual piss! angry

I have offered a refund on return of the item and all bits that have 'fallen off' hmm but return postage is at her cost (read my notes stupid bitch its all there) , and now she is saying she doesn't want to fork out for £1.85 to send it back but still wants a refund hmm hmm hmm

Grrrrr!!!

Brian What fuckwits are fucking you off? grin

Should say 5 off in less than a week hmm hmm hmm <---- x 500

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Sun 16-Dec-12 20:30:32

I'm calm now

I commented on a thread that was very close to home, but I hadn't aired my views either on here (for fear of being flamed) or in real life (for fear of my friends and family thinking I was a hideous cow) Then somebody posts virtually my exact 'thing'.

I read the thread and whaddyaknow......that amazing thing where 1 or 2 posters start pulling the OP apart to voice their own opinion, belittle and eventually push the OP from the thread. So I, bravely and against my better judgement, say 'actually I felt the same way'.

Then my example gets replied to and used as an example of why the protagonists are correct and the OP is wrong, when I was actually saying the OP and I are exactly the same and it is nice to know we aren't alone in what we thought.

I feel sorry for the OP as I understood what she was saying, basically that she is worried about having a girl (having found out at her scan) as she has a DS and doesn't want the girl to turn into a pink-loving princess (paraphrasing). As the mother of a pink-loving princess, if anybody was going to be offended it would have been me - but there was no offence to take. Or rather, the OP was made out to be a girl-hater. Yet I, said the same but about having a boy, but was not pulled up and was basically stereotyping in the same way the OP was (not through boy-hate but through fear of the unknown)

I have since hidden the thread.

Bonkey this situation is not about what is said but how you handle it. Give the daft bint her postage, get her out of your hair and move on. How many bracelets etc have you sold? How much negative feedback have you had? If she is left unhappy she could leave a negative comment on your page and you dont want that - one bad apple etc. I hate working in Customer Service, I deal with such things daily, only difference is I do it with body armour/riot gear and not lovely sparkly stuff grin

I glanced at that thread earlier .

Brian Shhhh....but if anyone leaves me bad comments I can just delete and ban if the wish takes me. I haven't had any yet but was a tad shock when I discovered I could in fact delete comments (good/bad/ugly) off my Ratings hmm bit of a fix if you ask me! Ratings should be like Ebay where your stuck with what your given!

I would have refunded her her postage anyway- but I am fucked if I am refunding something she hasn't done yet <tight arsed bitch>

I am calm now - and she hasn't got back to me yet! hmm

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Sun 16-Dec-12 20:43:53

oh in that case give her whats coming to her grin <evil>

grin

bonkey she sounds a sodding twatbag!

brian I nearly joined that thread but decided I'm too hormonal atm, I was actually devestated when I discovered pfb was a ds, but now I'd go back and do it all again, I really wanted a girl but that little boy totally stole my heart and honestly the first year of his life was the happiest I've ever been, but the feelings I had when pregnant were awful, people who've not experienced it don't get it. Also wrt girly girls, my 4yo asked for bath bombs today, how the actual fuck does she know what one is? Its not from me ha!

This thread is not accepting new messages.