The New Festive Christmas PUDDLE,

(1000 Posts)
ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 16:48:50

Here we are, a lovely shiny, new thread just in time for Xmas.

<puts up Xmas tree and decorations>

<hands round mulled wine and puts Christmas songs on the iPod>

snow I am so jealous I actually adore Gok, he seems such a lovely guy.

brian I'm really hoping for friday release, dd was born a friday lunchtime by elcs and we got home sunday morning, but a 3rd elcs can be a bit rougher due to two previous scars so I'm told. I think saturday realistically.

ELCS is so calm and quiet, really its almost surreal wandering down to theatre and leaving what seems like minutes later, it isn't ofc, with a baby! With dd (ds was poorly so not a normal elcs circumstances) she was straight out and over the screen to me and dp, dp then cut the cord and brought her over to me wrapped up and we sat with her while they put me back together, he wheeled her in the cot to central delivery where we were given time alone and midwife went to get tea and biscuits, both of us were a bit 'is this it? Should they be leaving her with us?' We rang round family had loads of cuddles mw popped in and out helping with bfing and doing checks and I was on the ward by 2pm when ds and dmum came to visit. Up and out of bed the next morning for a shower, felt a bit tired and weak but no pain at all.

Wrt care for baby mws will do what ever you need them to, by the end of the day I could shuffle myself up in bed and sit up to get her from the crib, and tbh I held her most of the night, ds went to nicu at a few hrs old and I was given sedatives as I was in a huge state so I remember very little of his arrival. So I was extra sure to cherish every second with dd, but I will be more strict with myself this time as dd then refused to be put down for almost 4 years!! Also our hospital (when the big two were born) allowed one person in with you 9-8 with the exception of a small rest period around lunch so dp or my Mum were there. No idea what the rules are now.

Honestly hand on heart I found my elcs, even with ds, a positive experience I felt well looked after in control and honestly didn't find recovery too bad at all, i will say it may be placebo but I take arnica tablets afterwards. And genuinely would recommend it to anyone with reason to consider it smile it is ofc major surgery and there are risks but for me those risks are a better option than the risks of a vbac.

Sorry for the essay but hope that answers you a bit dreamy my cousin had shoulder distosia (sp), it was awful poor baby, they were told he'd possibly never regain control and if he did it would be very weak, he's 12 now and an exceptionally good rugby and cricket player, swims for the county and cycles everywhere, so they were wrong grin but my younger cousin was elcs to avoid the same happening.

I've just made the pram up and crib, finished packing the baby bag, and spare bag for the car, also stocked up the change table and basket for beside my bed! Dp has taken our double bed down and swapped for the kingsize (we used to have a spare room and never could decide what bed to keep) as its higher and easier for me to get out of post op --and has extra room for small sleep stealers ha-- just need to sort my case which I can do when my order from m&s arrives --oh so attractive post section undies and nursing bras deep joy--

5 days...

bonkey I bloody LOVE your pigs new house!!

Tis rather nifty grin

Dh gave me hmm <--- this look when I bought it home!

grin i think its excellent, im wondering if i can buy similar for ds' snails?

Yeah, good luck with that hmm grin

Maybe you could design one out of a yoghurt pot.....

Actually those snails are huge aren't they?

i was thinking it would be a great excuse to buy fimo grin

well atm they're about the size of 20-50ps but they can get to the size of your hand, unlikely as a 5yos pet, but they'll get bigger.

Me and my mum were strangely fascinated by them yesterday.

^ Did you see my sheep?

I caved and bought some today!

I have made a sheep and a pig tonight. I got more hmm looks from dh! Miserable bastard! i was impressed by my efforts! grin

They have snails in our pet shop, they were fecking hooge! I thought of you for a second before I got drawn to the pud! grin

What do they eat? Lettuce? <clueless>

ive just seen the sheep its brilliant, when im on my phone i often miss x posts if i reply and it takes me to a new page, on my laptop its all on one page hmm

they eat any fruit/veg left overs, bananas a favourite apparently, and they have to have cuttle fish. very cheap and easy to look after which is why ds is allowed them.

This will be your school run before long....

grin

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Sat 15-Dec-12 00:08:18

OMG Bonkey he is awesome! Although, it is technically cheating to make it from a kit grin. I do love fimo though, I think I've started something!

Maybe State could make the cake decorations from fimo, as a remember forever thing.

Boak! I hate snails, ever since I stood on a homeless one while letting the cat out when I was 12!

I went to see the GP today, he agreed that the best time to return to work would be in the new year. He gave me a sick note for 3 weeks and then I will go back to see him and get a fit to work note. It will have the conditions - reduced hours, phased return, amended duties (office based) for 2 weeks, no on call for at least 6 weeks. My GP is very lovely and understanding, I am very lucky to be able to talk to him so honestly.

OI! I was a Fimo virgin until tonight! Kit did a good job with starting me off! grin

Good news that you have a good GP! they are few and far between!
Make sure you get those conditions this time!
have a good relax over christmas! New year - new start! I'm sure you will be fine! smile

Sssh bonkey I'm already having nightmares about finding them in school trouser pockets after I've washed them!

Its really good to hear you have a good GP shaky new year then a new start following his instructions and hopefully things will go far better second time round --and if not the puddle will bitch slap your boss--

I'm getting some fimo when I appear from the baby fog and have the time to fiddle around with it.

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Sat 15-Dec-12 00:46:20

Love the sheep, Bonkey!

Shaky, your GP sounds luffly and yes, your boss will have the Puddle to answer to.

I've got multiple tabs open & the one for this page says 'The New Festive Christmas PUD' grin.

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sat 15-Dec-12 02:26:47

Hello thanks for pm with update to thread. grin Has everyone got their tree up?

monkey love the sheep! Looks very wallace and gromit style!

snow what are you doing that you are doing role play for? <nosey>

I took the girls I nanny for to a panto this eve and now they are having a sleep over at mine. Am in front room on sofa bed. Panto was very small scale church thing - muchos forgetting lines and random mishaps - but we all loved it - was endearing and heart warming. Yes I know <vom> And we got free caske at interval!

I got my hair done today - they cut a random mini side fringe in, I asked for a noaml side fringe! hmm. Pics on profile. Also got shellac done yesterday - first time, loved it! So feel all glammed up for Christmas now.

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Sat 15-Dec-12 11:03:00

Good morning everyone.

Thank you all for your support, I love you all.

Dp is on the twat bench for being a dick head. Honestly, for an intelligent man, he can be extremely stupid sometimes.

Me - "I'm going for a shower, ds you be good for daddy"
DP - "lets look on the laptop at YouTube"
Me - "that is a very bad idea. Don't let him near the computer --you idiot--"
Dp- "it's ok"
Me - "no, seriously, don't let him, it will get broken"

2 minutes later.
<ds pressing many buttons on computer>
<crashed computer>
Dp angry"I don't believe it! He's crashed it!"
Me - "we'll I did tell you not to let him near it, tis your own fault dickhead"
Dp - angry angry

For gods sake! The man is a knob sometimes.

The other day ds couldn't decide whether he would like red sauce or white sauce (mayonnaise) with his tea. So dp in his eternal wisdom asks him if he would like some PURPLE sauce! Provoked huge meltdown when of course, there is no purple fecking sauce, arse

That sounds like my kind of panto giraffes smile

Oh dear shaky my dp is like that doesn't listen and then exactly what I knew would happen, happens <recalls dds dislocated shoulder at the beach> arses at times.

<Budges shakyhusband up and plonks stateman next to him> just for being a ranty arsehole ok dp!

My dcs --are animals-- have mayo and ketchup together! Ds dips alternatly, dd mixes them together for pink dip.

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Sat 15-Dec-12 13:16:34

Giraffes, I think your fringe looks great. Although I can see how it could get annoying.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Sat 15-Dec-12 15:37:48

Hi gang.

I was out in the general boards yesterday being all political about the CT shooting. Some people are just stupid, really.

Shaky sounds like my husband and then doesn't get it when I get annoyed at him. For the most part he's quite good with our son but there are some things I am better at!

giraffes HI! Sounds like fun.

snow very cool about Gok.

bonkey great sheep!

I have spent the morning wrapping presents. Only thing left is the huge box with LT's easel, which is hidden in the garage and I will wrap Christmas Eve once he's in bed. Oh and whatever I get for him from my dad, for which I have just received a cheque. Postage is ridiculous from the US.

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Sat 15-Dec-12 20:19:52

State if I have a toasted bacon sandwich, I HAVE to have brown sauce and mayo on opposite sides of the plate for alternate dips. I have just realised that (I cut the toaster into 2 triangles) the right corner only goes into the mayo and the left corner goes into the brown sauce.

<acknowledges weirdness>

For the first time EVER, EVER ds is in bed and asleep at 6.30! We went over to the pub at 4.30 but by 5.30 he started to misbehave. At 5.45 he was starting to lie down on the floor and put his blanket over his head. I saw he was tired and packed us off home. If we had stayed any longer we would have had full meltdown mode. We went straight home, pjs, cup of milk, story, bed and sleep. Fair play, he did go straight to sleep. It feels like 11 pm now! We are very lucky that the pub is very quiet and we have the whole place to ourselves, there was nobody else there, thankfully.

Weird sandwich eating traights/trates? (sp??) <Boggles> ?

If I have a piece of bread I must eat it from the bottom up!
If I have a sandwich the bottom half must be eaten first!
But I always always spread top down!

This is because the top crust is the best bit!

I actually shiver when dh shoves his sandwich in his gob top first shock .

Nice one on the sleeping boy shaky ! Mine is still shouting at me to turn the light on because "I PROMISE TO BE QUIET AND GOOD MUMMMMMMMYYYYYYY....." hmm

The mini states are sound, they go to bed at 6pm and are asleep by half past. I will say this has taken me four years of constant battles with dd to achieve and when dd settled ds started trying his luck, we've only had this good routine since october but I'm very pleased and relived as it was my ONE goal before dc3 arrived.

That said we've had a rotten few days with ds having melt downs, he has a sore throat but won't rest/stop shouting and screeching. He's eating fine and sleeping ok so I'm hoping the calpols keeping it from getting nasty --despite giving him mood swings-- and dd is saying no to everything.

Oh and your all weirdos about your sandwiches grin

--i always leave a small piece of crust it drives dp insane--

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Sat 15-Dec-12 21:12:52

I cut the TOAST into triangles, not the fecking toaster!

<pictures toaster cut into triangles grin >

How about TRAITS Bonkey

And the top crust is definitely best, especially if it is black.

State envy at 6 pm bedtime. I hope your ds feels better soon. NO is ds favourite word at the moment sad

I MIGHT just let dp off the twat bench now (but only because it is the festive season)

shaky I think school and nursery is to thank for the 6pm bedtime tbh, they get up about 7.30am though so they must need the sleep.

I'm considering letting dp off too, but only if he helps me think of something nice to do tomorrow as its the last ever weekend with just my big two ministates!!! <Wibble>

This thread is not accepting new messages.