Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

The New Festive Christmas PUDDLE,

(1000 Posts)
ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 16:48:50

Here we are, a lovely shiny, new thread just in time for Xmas.

<puts up Xmas tree and decorations>

<hands round mulled wine and puts Christmas songs on the iPod>

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Thu 13-Dec-12 16:53:55

<sets out mince pies>
Lovely new thread, Shaky. Thank you.

DreamyDreaminOfAWhiteChristmas Thu 13-Dec-12 16:55:05

Thanks Shaky! grin

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 17:14:07

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful!

Feeling festive now I have done the shopping.

Going to the gp tomorrow and then occ health on Monday.

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Thu 13-Dec-12 20:00:24

Good luck with that, Shaky. Let us know how it goes.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 20:02:02

Thanks shaky!

Thanks shaky, hope all goes well! Hope the christmas shopping went well!

Had my pre op bloods done today, I may now be panicking slightly.

So this is the thread where Jesus arrives...

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Thu 13-Dec-12 22:06:15

The Puddle puts its faith in Olivia...

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Thu 13-Dec-12 22:55:20

Hellloooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Hope we are all well?

I am busy being mad busy at work, knackered at home and all the while turning my living room into a very small version of a grotto grin (I have to stop with the tinsel and the lights now....possibly!)

I am also pootling around Mumsnet, sharing my incredibly wise words of wisdom (and rude Christmas song lyrics) with all who will listen shock

Day off tomorrow - I plan to walk the dog and then come home, pjs on and do nothing all day. I need to rest, it is a bit hectic at the moment and I have only myself to blame!

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Thu 13-Dec-12 22:56:01

Thanks Empress for the link

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Thu 13-Dec-12 22:57:15

ooo - State, are you nearly there then? Sorry, I missed the end of the last thread as am rubbish!

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 23:18:02

Hey Brian! Welcome to the festive thread! You are looking WELL grin
I'm off to the GP tomorrow and occ health on Monday. Will keep you posted. I really appreciate all the advice you have given me thanks

I should have named this thread " the puddle where baby Jesus arrives and Olivia MNHQ sings for us"

Got almost all the Christmas shopping done. Ds has decided he wants "doctor Fings in a zootcase". I have ordered a teddy with doctor case etc from tesco to collect tomorrow. I also found a bob the builder toolbox to go with his work bench. It was only when I got it home I realised there is another fecking hammer in it, meh! If I open it first and take out the hammer, do you think he will notice? grin

Don't panic State I'll look after you, just imagine that the midwife who comes to theatre with you is ME! <strokes hair in nice, reassuring way>, you will be fine. You don't have to worry about spending hours in labour and ending up with a section anyway.

If this is your first PLANNED section you will find it much better, as your body will not be exhausted after labour so your recovery will be much better. A planned section is much more relaxed than an emergency. Plus you will be much more in control and aware of what is happening, also much more likely to be able to Breastfeeding quickly.

One tip, ask for help with the Breastfeeding, I know lots of midwives who presume that, if you have done it before, you will find it easy and not need help. Please, please speak up and ask for help if you need it, the midwives aren't psychic so tell them if you need assistance, don't be scared to ask for help.

thanks

Thanks shaky smile I wish it were you! First one was scary and very bossy, second one was mad, very funny but just mad, I was sure I was tripping out but no dp agreed! Ha!

Ds delivery wasn't planned as such but it was elcs after failed induction, so calm and organised but due to other complications he was whipped off to nicu and I had a tough time, dd was planned elcs eerily calm experience, me and dp were kind of 'is that it?' I've never been in labour. The section bit doesn't worry me as such its the first night after I hate not having dp with me and feeling so damn useless. I also hate leaving dd she's my girl and even though I know she will be fine I worry, also ds is not right I suspect tonsilitis on the horizon. Nothing major just the ole hormones interfering with my rational side!

BRIAN good to have you back! Yes 'jesus' is arriving on wednesday!!!!!

<Lays out mince pies, chocolate yule log and hot chocolates>

Oh and shaky they won't get rid of me until I'm happy the bfing is headed in the right direction, I may have done it for a year with dd but that was 4yrs ago, the newborn bit seems very alien to me now.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 14-Dec-12 08:12:14

Just a quick Hey! from me as I head off to pick up some bits and bobs and then go see The Hobbit with my husband. grin

Nursery seems nice. May put LT in there. Waiting until Monday to decide for sure.

::waves to all and dashes out the door::

Found you! grin

I'm wet and cold sad

Ah poor bonkey its chucking it down here too.

Ds has a sore throat, but judging from his stinking attitude and ability to throw a strop and shout his head off at me, dp and dd he is not that ill, as I told dp, I knew he'd be fine after calpol and breakfast, instead I have the ball of attitude at home.

Dds first nativity this morning, she was an elf, and bounced around a lot and sang a bit smile

Final christmas present arrived and my carseat clips so I can put the new seat on the buggy, I can't believe how much more relaxed I feel now that's all done.

DreamyDreaminOfAWhiteChristmas Fri 14-Dec-12 14:51:10

Phew, just had 2 of Ds1's friends and their little brothers round for lunch, to play and swap christmas presents. I need a stiff drink! I hadn't realised how tiny and un-child-friendly our house is until there were so many of them here at once. Ds is very good, and doesn't touch the fireplace, christmas tree, computer etc, but these 4 children have grabbed and chewed everything in reach. I need to get everything in order before Ds2 starts crawling, it's been an eye-opener!

We seriously need to move anyway. I love our house so much, and it was perfect for the 2 of us and the dog, but now we're 4 and the dog we're falling over each other all the time.

I hope your Ds is ok State, you don't need extra things to be worrying about.
How long do you have to stay in hospital for after a c-s? Do the midwives pick your baby up for you every time it needs feeding, and change nappies for you? If we go for number 3 it will probably have to be a planned c-s as Ds2 was shoulder dystocia, and the thought scares the crap out of me. I've never had an op before, and don't understand how you look after a newborn after major surgery.

OH.MY.GOD!!!!
Just been to ds's school christmas fair! shock Packed is a understatement!
I have a major thing about crowded places, no idea why i though it was a good idea.
Bought a pen and a notebook for ds and then it took me 20 mins to get out! shock
Then we get bloody drenched!
Plus side - petshop had a sale on so I bought the Gpigs a christmas pud house grin
I also bought one of those ready to make Fimo kits for kids - for me to play with! grin Its a sheep and a pig! Shaky You have a lot to answer for!

Dreamy I know the feeling. Our first flat was great for us two. One bed and a box room! Ds came along and suddenly i realised how small it was. Plus it was on the third floor. That was fun with a pram and baby hmm . I love my big ground floor flat grin
<hands wine>

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 14-Dec-12 16:43:34

The Hobbit rocks. Can't wait for parts 2 and 3.

I hope all poorly people get better soon.

Dreamy you just sort of do! I have no idea about how much help you get with the baby in hospital as LT was whisked away to SCBU within hours of being born as he wasn't breathing properly. But I did a lot of his care when I was allowed while he was there. You just sort of cope.

Off to make a curry for tea...

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Fri 14-Dec-12 18:38:53

sorry for posting and running yesterday!

State - good luck! Wednesday, so you should be home Saturdayish? All settled and sorted by Christmas day (well, physically settled and sorted at least!)

Good luck with the breastfeeding, it is 9 years since I did it but I am hoping I will remember again as I am looking forward to it.

I was an elcs last time, this time I may have to be BUT hopefully the lovely Neurosurgeons at Walton Hospital will give my Consultant the go-ahead for me to do it naturally, albeit with a shortened 2nd stage and then use of forceps to actually deliver baby. I don't find out until February though and it is all dependent on me not getting Obstetric Cholestasis (sp?) this time round (had it awfully last time), cos if I do it will be that which determines ELCS instead of VBAC (they don't want to consider induction because of the chance of it ending in emerg CS) So my aneurysm clip may actually not be the determining factor in how I give birth, I swear if I do develop OC again (which they think I most likely will....grrr) I will be angry - which is stupid but I am irrational lol!

In other news, wrapped most of 'THE' presents today and that is a huge thing for me as I normally leave it til 1am Xmas day blush

It has also pissed down non stop today, miserable - so dark and dreary all day. At least the frost looked festive, rain is just meh!

<hands round Celebrations> that the dog found under the tree and 'unwrapped' but I got to them before she could eat them

Dreamy I used to be the mum that invited other people's children round, then end up on the wine to recover grin Next time I will be the person who does the visiting!

Tee good luck deciding about the nursery - DD did both CM and nursery, she has turned into a fine young lady most of the time wink

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Fri 14-Dec-12 18:46:39

how rude of me Shaky forgot to say hello back and <twirl> and <looks coy> at the compliment grin

Glad you are feeling (or seem to be, from your post) better. Keep your chin up!
x

snowtunesgirl Fri 14-Dec-12 20:29:47

I have been out in RL folks and it was good. grin

Last night I went to a panto and hobnobbed with Gok Wan. We have a very good mutual friend. And I had wine and everyfink.

Then today I did some roleplay work which I only found out about yesterday and unexpectedly managed to fit in a last minute facial. Heavenly.

All this was only made possible by my lovely DH looking after DD last night and she shock horror went to bed with NO breastmilk! shock She had a sip of normal milk and sat in her cot and played in the dark until she was tired and went to sleep!

And today was only made possible by my lovely CM who doesn't usually work on Fridays but did it for us anyway.

<Happy sigh> It MUST be Christmas. smile

State best of luck with it all. What's an ELCS like as I am considering having one myself if there is a next time?

Sheep!! grin

All sounds lovely Snowy smile

Glad your feeling better!

This thread is not accepting new messages.