The Puddle!

(1000 Posts)
DreamySleepyBonfireNighty Mon 05-Nov-12 20:57:00

Happy Bonfire Night!

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 06-Dec-12 19:52:18

And now LittleTee is saying he doesn't want to go to CM's house tomorrow after school. Of course he can't tell me why. Being a parent is too fucking hard.

bonkey I hope you feel better soon.

You too, snow.

Chocolate cake anyone?

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 06-Dec-12 23:51:58

State that cake is awesome! I saw it on fb, it looks fab.

Bonkey I'm glad mario arrived safe and sound! Is. He ok? I was worried about him, going all that way on his own, especially after he's only just been born. Please tell him that Barney misses him and give him a kiss from me. I have told Barney off for his inappropriate behaviour towards Mario. He is very ashamed and wants me to pass on his apologies. Mario, Barney says sorry!

Thanks for that Brian. I have just read the sickness absence policy on line. Basically, I have a responsibility to keep in regular contact with my employer. However, if I am called to have an official interview (which I have been, but she called it a "chat"). It should be requested in writing with at least 7 days notice! She phones on Wednesday asking to see me on Friday, WRONG! Also, in that conversation, she should have advised me that I may have my union rep present for the meeting, which she did not mention.

Apparently, I should have had a back to work interview, with a written plan, signed by myself and her. This did not happen, if it had, I could prove the discrepancies between what occ healthy plan and her plan were. I am kicking myself that I didn't think to clarify with occ health before I went back, the nurse showed me the advice that she gave to my boss, that is documented in my notes! It's nothing like what she presented to me!

Anyway, I have heard from my union rep, she says to cancel the meeting tomorrow until she can attend with me. She is going away tomorrow for a week but will gladly attend the meeting with me. I have to ring her tomorrow for a chat.

I have spent the last 24 hours in a state of nervous turmoil, hardly eaten, it is a weight off my shoulders knowing that I haven't got to see her tomorrow.

Snow my dp had that, he had a really sore throat and little red blisters on his hands and feet. I think he caught it off ds (who we thought was teething) who I think caught it from nursery.

Poor little tee sad good luck with your search for child care, nightmare Tee

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 07-Dec-12 06:17:25

Morning all. brew?

Shaky Glad you heard from Union Rep. I do think your boss is taking the pee big time, and trying to go around the law and your job's policies. And being just plain mean to you. Stand your ground. Enjoy your Christmas. Brand new year coming right up. smile

Gorgeous cake, State. Don't mind if I do...even at 617am.

I am in a foul mood today for no good reason, dp is seriously annoying me and ds wouldn't get off the toilet so dd wouldn't get in the shower, then she wouldn't sit still so I could do her hair, I've just shoved them all out of the door and hidden in the lounge, I need to snap out of it.

Helloooo!

I'm back in business! Thankyou very much foreign woman on the phone!

Ds is 5 today <sob> , he went off to school all excited! smile
I found Mario under his pillow hmm .

I will catch up with you all later, I have 2 days of work to catch up on and a pile of presents to wrap!

Happy Birthday BonkeyBoy!

Hope he has a lovely day, 5 seems soo big somehow doesn't it? I couldn't believe it when ds was suddenly 5 this year! Even more so that he's 6 next year!

Good to have you back bonks

I'm off for a nap before my pregnant mood sees me kill a random person, aldi was a bad idea this morning.

BrianCoxIsAChristmasPud Fri 07-Dec-12 11:28:56

shaky excellent news - I knew your union rep would sort you out. It should hopefully help relieve your anxiety that they will now take all the background stress on and you can concentrate on facts and getting better.

bonkey happy birthday to your big 5 year old! I hope he has a lovely day.

state just stay away from civilisation for a few hours, you'll be fine. I have had the rage for the past few days, I'm shocked that I didn't end up locked away for my own safety lol.

Hope you are feeling better now snow and hope Tee got the boy to CM without a problem.

I'm away to Hampshire this weekend, visiting family (Grandad is now at home, but still having chest pains - back next week to hospital for angina tests) so I won't be around til Monday probably.

Bye and have a fab weekend.

x

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 07-Dec-12 15:21:15

You probably won't see this, but have a good weekend Brian.

LT is at child minder. We'll see how he is after and then decide whether or not to cancel her for good from right now.

I'm thisclose to be finished with Christmas prep, not including ordering the food. I'm just totally stuck for stocking stuffers for my PILs!

Happy birthday Bonkey Lad!

DreamyDreaminOfAWhiteChristmas Fri 07-Dec-12 21:01:56

Sorry I haven't been posting much. There has been at least one member of the family ill at any one time for the last 2 weeks. I've been lurking, but I usually have at least one child on my lap and I hate typing with one hand so I just haven't bothered much.

I've been busy with baby dreamy's christening too. The cake turned out well thank god, and we had a great day. Haven't got any pictures on FB yet as Dh took the camera away with him to Norway this week. I had a small problem with the cake though - I asked a local cake maker for a quote for a cake, which was £90. We decided that was far too much so asked her if she could just do us an icing plaque with Ds2's name on, and I'd make the cake myself. However when she brought it round the day before the Christening it was really awful. She actually apologised and said she'd never done one before. If we'd paid her £90 for a cake with that on top we'd have been extremely pissed off! I ended up cutting out letters from shiny cardboard at 1.30am, which I stuck on my cake with icing sugar and water. It looked tons better than the 'plaque', which looked like a small child had made it. hmm

Can't believe your boss Shaky! When you posted about her before she sounded really supportive, but what she's done is awful.

Snow, Ds1 had that earlier in the year. Fortuntely not too badly, but I've read it can be awfully painful. Hope you're ok.

Sorry to hear about your childminder Tee. sad How did LT get on today?

Happy Birthday BonkeyBoy!

<Hugs> for State.

Hope you have a good weekend Brian. Glad your Grandad is home, and I hope his test results are good next week.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, trying to have a major catch-up session!

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 07-Dec-12 21:06:00

Well, LT seemed fine after he got home and then we were getting ready for bed and he said someone had hurt him today and then refused to talk any further. So I have no idea what, if anything, is going on. How do you get a not very articulate 3.6 year old to tell you things?

Sorry things have been tough Dreamy. Did you want me to take the baby? grin

DreamyDreaminOfAWhiteChristmas Fri 07-Dec-12 21:20:08

You are very welcome to a snuggle Tee. Here you go! <hands over warm snuggly baby>

No advice on helping LT to tell you what's going on I'm afraid, my Ds1 isn't very articulate either (we were supposed to go to SALT today but had to postpone as he has winter vomiting virus sad), so I wish I knew how to get him to talk. Will your CM not tell you? Maybe LT could act out what happened with toys?

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Fri 07-Dec-12 21:27:29

I don't think it happened at CM. He said something about his teacher and being hurt. I have no clue!

We have a parent teacher meeting on Tuesday so I'll ask then, obviously.

DreamyDreaminOfAWhiteChristmas Fri 07-Dec-12 21:43:04

Poor Little Tee. Hope he's ok.

Hope little Tee is ok, and you get some answers.

Have a good weekend brian hope your Grandad continues to improve smile

Hope your all well now dreamy glad the cake went well, in the end, I can't believe what people charge for cakes, its madness, its something you EAT and essentially demolish! Ill never make a business women as I just can't price myself like that.

Did bonkeyboy have a good day?

Hope your doing ok shaky x

I'm stupidly irritable and uncomfortable tonight, its annoying me a lot! And keep having panics that because I just can't believe I'm finally about to have my baby that it must mean something will go wrong <idiot> must ring my mw as I'm 38wks tomorrow and I'm meant to see her this week.

I have a cake to make tomorrow, my last this year, its Mums birthday sunday so ill then finally be able to post a review for bonkeys beautiful jewelry.

Anyway, good night all smile

Gah!
Im up with stomach cramps from eating dinner. Sat in the bathroom - cold - because everytime i stand up i feel dizzy. sad

Doctor: 'Tablets to settle your stomach and stop the sick feeling....' hmm

Really fed up of this now. I had chicken and bread for dinner! Plain chicken and a small piece of bloody bread!

Tee Hope LT is ok. Dreamy suggestion of playing out with toys is a good one.

Dreamy £90?!? For a cake?!?!? shock

BonkeyBoy had a good day but tired with school as well. We have a whole weekend of it. He's of shopping with dh and mil today to Toys R Us to pick gist present from nanny. I have warned dh to stop him if it gets out of hand hmm .
I have a pile of food to cook for Sunday. Slight panic today when i realised that I (someone who hates busy rooms and has not long got over anxiety about taking ds crowed.places alone ) am hosting a party for 21 kids in 2 days....I shall fake it until its there grin

Shaky How's you? smile
Mario had his first outing today on a caterpillar cake grin

What the hell was I thinking throwing a party for 22 (yes bloody 22 now! Late rsvp) kids?!?!

I have spent the whole day cooking and when I feel sick its bloody hard work. My fridge is not big enough so have had to steal a neighbours. I am sick to the fucking sight of sausage rolls and other processed shite!

Dh, mil and ds went to toys r us to get his present from Nanny - what do they come home with? A fucking snooker table!!! shock

Argh! Someone give me wine!!!

<breathes>

Where are you all today anyhoo?

Ah bonkey you crazy fool, most I've ever allowed ds is 10, --mainly because I don't like a lot of his class' parents--

Take a deep breath, you know he's going to love every second and then you'll feel its all worth it!

Nothing exciting going on here, finished putting up christmas decorations, tidied the house, and had a nap. Party animal!

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Sat 08-Dec-12 16:41:27

We've been running around today, LT's class and then the shops and then lunch and then sleeps for all!

Tomorrow we're finally putting our tree up!

22? ::faints::

Wooo 2 have cancelled! 20 it is! <sighs>

Our tree will go up after all the birthday madness is over.

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Sat 08-Dec-12 21:25:53

wine wine wine for Bonkey!

I'm glad that mario is ok and he arrived safely. I think it's dead sweet you found him under your ds pillow.

Have you thought about wheat intolerance re your stomach cramps? You seem to have been unwell a lot recently, I'm just wondering whether it might help to cut out wheat (bread) for a few days and see if it makes a difference. Keeping a food diary may help identify if there are any specific foods that are triggering it. Just a thought.

I'm glad you survived the party, you are braver than me!

You'll be just fine bonkey and I promise you tomorrow night you will say you'll do it all again just because ds loved it!

Tomorrow I finally get to give my Mum her jewellery, I'm now making her cake, she better enjoy it I am SO uncomfortable and I really want to eat it!

Shaky Party is tomorrow grin . Yes I have spoken to doc about it, he said it wouldn't cause sickness like Iv'e had so not think about it too much. I have to cut dairy out for 10days though because its a irritant. I need to convince my stomach that its ok hmm

Hope your Mum likes her bits State!

Dh is sat next to me blowing up balloons, he has found 3 so far with a hole in the end.
Dh (in a very serious voice) "I hope they don't make condoms in the same factory, ...." grin <gets dh his coat>

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Sat 08-Dec-12 21:52:20

Sorry Bonkey I thought it was today! Have some more wine and keep this one for after winegrin

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Sat 08-Dec-12 21:56:50

Ds is over the moon that he saw Santa and his sleigh today grin

Isn't it amazing that when Santa asked what he would like for Xmas and ds asked for a lolly, that he produced a lollipop out of his sack, like magic. Santa is just awesome! <I didn't put the lollipop in santas hand really, oh no, not me, as if>

This thread is not accepting new messages.