Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

The Puddle!

(1000 Posts)
DreamySleepyBonfireNighty Mon 05-Nov-12 20:57:00

Happy Bonfire Night!

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Sun 02-Dec-12 22:38:15

I'm sill trying to pull the guilt trip with HQ, it's not working sad

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sun 02-Dec-12 22:43:04

I am sure pre payment is more expensive. Non prepayment with direct debit is what I always thought was cheapest. Investigate some more - if they let you more from pp then do it.

envy of your snow Giraffes!

I have just checked my gas again.....its gone down another pound shock angry!

God help the person who picks up the phone to me tomorrow!

I know its my meter but I have found a cheaper supplier so I have switched! E-on reckon they can save me £1200 a year shock shock shock.

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Sun 02-Dec-12 23:21:49

Switch fast, Bonkey! Developments on the other thread. Giraffes, are you coming too? You probably know the background but if not, State's promised to name her baby Jesus (or BeeJesus) if HQ make up & sing a song.

Already in motion Empress ! grin

Shaky what food did you do today? I need inspiration and my head is blank! I need to do the shop tomorrow. So far : Pizza, sausage rolls, ham and cheese sandwiches, sausages, fairy cakes if my mother remembers .
Enough? More? What? Help!

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 03-Dec-12 00:12:30

Crisps?

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Mon 03-Dec-12 00:38:42

Tesco do really yummy potato wedges in the fridge section,

I did cheese baps, Naice ham baps, sausage rolls (no one ate them), pizza (totally finished), cocktail sausages (half eaten), chicken bits (nugget type things) ( vanished in a flash) token bowl of salad and dish of cucumber. And basically a whole load of crap, tonnes of bacon fries, cheese balls and Pringles.

Tesco do a fantastic chocolate trifle, it's gorgeous, I didn't eat most of it, honest

Doritos and dips. Breadsticks and Philadelphia.

Ds loved it. I am a bit blush but they all loved it so who gives a shit.

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Mon 03-Dec-12 00:44:32

My biggest crime, was buying all the tat to go in the party bags but forgetting to buy the actual bags, duh! <slaps self>

How embarrassing to have to do party bags out of normal sandwich bags. He will probably be scarred for life.

HOWEVER, if HQ would give us a song, we might just be ok!

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 03-Dec-12 00:44:37

Mmmmm potato wedges.

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Mon 03-Dec-12 00:47:02

With dips, they were yummy.

There was none left sad

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Mon 03-Dec-12 00:51:37

Empress you have just made me hungry and I was about to go to bed!

<eyes up jam tarts and chocolate fingers in kitchen >

See ya!

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Mon 03-Dec-12 00:54:08

<shares round big plate of scrumptious party food>

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 03-Dec-12 00:54:53

grin

Have fun!

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 03-Dec-12 00:55:51

gringrin
Thans Shaky.

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 03-Dec-12 01:05:10

Or thanks, even....

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 03-Dec-12 08:53:37

<carefully unwraps Sled and deposits in armchair>

Anyone around? This is SledYuleCated and she was very helpful when we were trying to get Helen to sing, so I've brought her for breakfast.

What would you like? We can do a fry up, croissants, Snowtunesgirl makes great blueberry pancakes...

Morning, I'd offer to do breakfast but I'm still ill and I don't want my puddlers catching anything <wears mask>

So, 16 days until dc3 arrives <faints>

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 03-Dec-12 09:16:40

<wraps in duvet>
<puts pillow under head>

snowtunesgirl Mon 03-Dec-12 09:26:17

State don't worry about the mask, I'm sick too. I feel so bad that I've been back at my temp job for a month and this is my fifth day off sick!!!!

2 for a bad cold, 2 for norovirus and now another for some virus which is making it hard for me to swallow and I'm either boiling or freezing. Thing is, as my immune system is compromised, I now seem to have this weirdy eczema on my hands and feet which are these raised EXTREMELY itchy bumps. I'm off to the doc's in an hour as the itching is driving me mad.

snowtunesgirl Mon 03-Dec-12 09:27:39

I'm afraid I have no pancakes this morning, would chocolate cake do?

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Mon 03-Dec-12 09:46:20

Oh Snow, poor you <snuggles carefully>

Chocolate cake will do at any time. Thank you.

snowtunesgirl Mon 03-Dec-12 09:52:17

Thank you for the snuggles.

Why does no-one warn you that babies are cute but deadly germ bombs?

Morning, *shaky that list was very useful - thankyou!

Crisps!!!!! <duh>

I'm on the phone to the gas company - they made me wait for 10 minutes last time then cut me off angry . I'm on my second call 4 mins in and they keep thanking me for my patience hmm

Hope all you sickos feel better soon!
<pops on virus proof suit>
Only just about got over mine, I do nit want any more!!!

SledYuleCated Mon 03-Dec-12 12:04:45

Hello. I got delayed by RL. Am currently having a furtive MN at my desk.

I have bypassed breakfast and moved straight onto lunch grin

How's the new messiah doing, State?

And crap parents of the year award goes to me and dp. Not only did we all sleep through the alarm this morning and wake at 8.30, ds starts school at 8.40, dd 8.50, but we fell asleep when we got back from the late school run and dp was 5mins late getting dd, she was sat at the office looking most annoyed. <Disclaimer, we don't usually sleep so much but I'm very pregnant and he has cough/cold and awful sinus pain>

The messiah is good, its the only child we've not let down today blush

Hope you get some answers soon bonkey I hate waiting on the phone, actually I hate all 'customer services' calls.

This thread is not accepting new messages.