The Puddle!

(1000 Posts)
DreamySleepyBonfireNighty Mon 05-Nov-12 20:57:00

Happy Bonfire Night!

Happy birthday for tomorrow Shakyboy! smile
We will be doing pressies after school on ds's bday! No way the monkey will get to school otherwise!

Dreamy sad I had flu in March. I have never been so ill in my life. I think if my flat was on fire I would have seriously thought twice about if I could really be arsed to get out of bed wink . Must be bloody awful for little ones when they just don't understand! Keep his fluids up if you can! I got dehydrated which stopped me getting better. Dyrolyte (sp?) is good stuff, even just a little bit!

Tee Hot honey and lemon!

That's actually what the doctor said, Bonkey! So much for modern medicine!!!!

Just call me DrBonkey wink

Seriously, does help! I have been on it and today its slightly better no idea if its just decided to bugger off or its the hot lemon .

ShakiestDude Tue 27-Nov-12 21:40:15

Dreamy bless him. He must be feeling bloody rotten, poor lad sad

ShakiestDude Tue 27-Nov-12 21:43:26

My best cough cure is simple linctus in hot water from the kettle. Sip it slowly and it really, really soothes and stops the awful tickle that sets me off.

ShakiestDude Tue 27-Nov-12 21:45:49

You okay under there Tee, I hope I'm not squashing you too much.
I'll let you out if you promise to go straight to bed and not venture back into the twilight zone. I'm watching!

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Tue 27-Nov-12 21:52:10

Happy Birthday for tomorrow LittleShaky!

Ds is drinking lots of water, and we give him a spoonful of honey when he'll have it. He hasn't wee'd much though. Dr said its ok as long as he's wee'd once today.

God I hate liquorice with a passion Tee. Bloody awful stuff. I'm sure cough medicine didn't used to be all liquorice flavour, but it is almost impossible to find one that isn't these days.

I am in bed Shaky, you can relax now!

Vile stuff, dreamy.

ShakiestDude Tue 27-Nov-12 21:58:56

Ok Tee Sleep well, <snuggles>

ShakiestDude Tue 27-Nov-12 22:01:23

Dreamy simple linctus doesn't taste of liquorice and its as cheap as chips from any chemist. It's better than any of the fancy, vile dead expensive ones out there.

Just bought a fairy door for Mr Elfy! <excited>

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Tue 27-Nov-12 22:06:03

But is it as tasty as a non-liquorice cough medicine Shaky? I actually love cough medicine if it's not liquorice, it's probably a good job I can't find any…

ShakiestDude Tue 27-Nov-12 22:23:05

It is THE original non liquorice sort < taps nose>

Trust me I'm a nurse/midwife, I know about these things grin

I've not had cough medicine since I was very small, the dcs one is blackcurrant and stains anything that's brave enough to be in the same room.

ShakiestDude Tue 27-Nov-12 23:04:32

I only gave ds cough medicine once. He had 4 dirty nappies in a row and nursery demanded that I came out of work and took him to the doctors. The doctor said "yeah, cough medicine always gives them the runs"
Helpful
I have never given him cough medicine since

snowtunesgirl Tue 27-Nov-12 23:13:55

What the hell is going on with November? This November has been shit. I now have a sick DD AND DH AGAIN!

DD has a temperature and so does DH and he's laid out on the sofa and hasn't had his dinner.

I am bloody exhausted as I'm still clearing up vestiges of the party on Saturday. It's amazing the amount of packaging baby toys come in and the recycling bin is full.

show Im with you there!

I have woke up feeling really sick......AGAIN !! angry sad

EmpressOfTheMadBoxOfFrogs Wed 28-Nov-12 08:29:55

<snuggles Bonkey

Happy Birthday Shakyboy!

Tee, if everything goes according to plan I'll be starting my ACCA accountancy course in January grin.

<puts out fry up>

So I can hire you empress do to my company books? grin

Empress Thats great , how long is the course?

EmpressOfTheMadBoxOfFrogs Wed 28-Nov-12 11:31:23

Yep grin

Three or four years for the whole thing, but qualified enough to be competent in about 6 months. I'm going to go full time for 3 months then switch to weekends and jobhunt.

How are you? (both of you)

How are all the poorly puddlers today?

Great news empress best of luck smile

I'm still in bed, I got up had breakfast sorted the dcs out for school and went back to bed, just woke up but really don't feel like moving, I'm exhausted.

Good luck with it all Empress! smile

Feeling a tad better. Really tired, even though I had a decent sleep!

<pulls in fluffy blankets>

I had just had the thought 'I haven't coughed today' when...you guessed it, doubled over with it for 5 minutes. sigh

I have officially declared today Eat What I Want Wednesday. Who's with me?

This thread is not accepting new messages.