Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

The Puddle!

(1000 Posts)
DreamySleepyBonfireNighty Mon 05-Nov-12 20:57:00

Happy Bonfire Night!

EmpressOfTheSevenRomanCandles Tue 06-Nov-12 22:26:07

Just glad your house wasn't burned down!

DD has sea cadets Tuesday nights, the ritual is come in, get undressed, snack in bed - she's always ravenous and knackered.

Tonight I took her up a mini pizza and placed it on the bed while she faffed around hung her stuff up and chatted.

Next moment, still chatting, she sits down. On top of pizza.

Oops.

grin oh dear, poor thing!

The fires happen every once in a while, we've reported 6 I think since moving here a year ago. We are leaving next year, house and school are lovely but it is an area of great idiocy.

Beware of the up coming whinge/rant it makes me sound an utterly selfish cowbag!

Dps Grandads funeral is booked for the day before dds birthday, dps family are all 100+ miles away. Dp is sulking 'as this means we can only go for the day' I understand this is a shitty time for him but its our daughters BIRTHDAY, and also where the actual fuck does he get off thinking we can just leave the children with my mum for as long as he wants? She has her own 7 and 4yos to look after and child minds a 7,3yo and 10mo! She's having them this weekend so we can go see everyone, she's having them whilst I'm in hospital having dc3, my Mums is 20+ miles away so they will have to be off school as she can't drive, if he had his way we may aswell drop them off and leave them there until christmas!
He's also arsey because he wants to 'be there' but as he's the driver and my hips are slowly giving up I really cannot do 3 x school runs on foot a day, also money is very tight, and last weeks visit to the ils resulted in our usual 2/3wks worth of fuel being used in 3 days because he's treated as a taxi/slave on top of the 200 odd mile round trip to get there and back. I'm also terrified of being here alone for too long due to issues with neighbours, and at night the constant noise makes me a nervous wreck, not helped by having no one nearby I know, nearest is my Mum and I can't get to her, nor her me.
They are a HUGE family, Grandad had 6 dcs, they all have 3+ dcs so there is a lot of help. He's making me feel so guilty and is being very snappy like its somehow my fault life means we can't just drop everything and go. He's such a martyr making himself feel worse than he needs too.
I'm barely sleeping atm which I expect at this stage of pregnancy so I'm very tearful and sensitive and instead of pulling together I feel like he's pushing me away and me and the dcs are a huge inconvenience.

EmpressOfTheSevenRomanCandles Wed 07-Nov-12 10:23:35

More embarrassed than anything else. While she showered I did her another pizza (and DIDN'T LAUGH).

<snuggles State>
<proffers warm cheese & bacon scones>

It's shitty but there's really not a lot you can do about it is there? I understand why he's unhappy but making you feel guilty about it isn't fair, it's not your fault. Rant as much as you like!

God that sounds awful in the cold light of day blush

<Lays out breakfast buffet of pastries, muffins and naice juices, switches on the coffee machine>

EmpressOfTheSevenRomanCandles Wed 07-Nov-12 10:26:33

State, it really doesn't! And much better to let it out on here.

X-posts empress I'd have seriously struggled not to laugh poor thing!

EmpressOfTheSevenRomanCandles Wed 07-Nov-12 10:31:18

It wasn't easy!

Let's have breakfast in the hot tub <decadent>grin

Sounds good <waddles over>

Well suprise suprise dps esa messed up again so no money this week, spent yesterday in and out of the jc talking to people finally got a call at 8.30am today saying it will be in the bank some time today <sighs> and my blooming dd has shot up and all her coats (she's inherited two and had two for christmas last year) which fitted nicely a few weeks ago look ridiculous, ditto hats. Asda had some lovely duffle coats in last time I was there fingers crossed they have some left! Ds otoh has worn the same parker since 2.6yo!!! He's blooming 5.4yo!

EmpressOfTheSevenRomanCandles Wed 07-Nov-12 10:39:43

<helps State into tub>

We've talked about putting bricks on DD's head in the past. I suspect her of standing in a grobag when we're not looking.

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Wed 07-Nov-12 11:06:04

Ds1 is a titch, I might try standing him in a grobag…

Baby dreamy has slept for 8 and a half hours straight the last 2 nights! The trade-off is that he's awake and very demanding all day, but I can cope with that if it means I get a good night's sleep. I can't get any housework done, but hey, I rarely do any anyway - at least I have an excuse for the mess now! grin

My auntie's funeral is on Tuesday. I think we'll have to take both Dc's with us, as I asked MIL if she could pick Ds1 up from school and put him to bed, and she snapped at me that we'd better not be late back as she has to be up early for work the next morning. I felt shit for asking her, and cried all the way home. blush The funeral is over 3 hours drive away, so we'll only be able to stay at the function after for half an hour if we're going to be back early enough for her. I'd rather take Ds with us than rush off, as I really want to be there. sad

EmpressOfTheSevenRomanCandles Wed 07-Nov-12 11:08:57

8 & a half hours! envy

I bet people will love to see your DCs there, Dreamy.

My dd has legs that go on forever, dps payments been sorted now so now ive got to hunt for a nice warm long girls coat and hat for her.

Sorry to hear your mil is being difficult dreamy my Mum is twitchy about what times I pick the dcs up, and isn't over joyed at me needing her on a school and work day but she understands the circumstances can't be avoided, our dcs weren't invited to family weddings so I can't imagine taking them to a funeral would go well at all in our case. Just went to the school to ask permission for them to take the day off got to wait for headmasters decission, they're not going whatever he sayes but I think its important to tell the school.

Tee2072 Wed 07-Nov-12 20:58:39

Evenin' Girls!

Had a successful day shopping with my mom and finally bought a new winter coat.

LittleTee is much better.

I still have the right President.

How is everyone?

Evening tee

Despite knowing naff all about politics and being in the UK I was very relieved to hear he'd got 4 more years.

I had the evening from hell with the dcs, I had to go to 3 shops, just 3 shops and they were feral, and vile, and loud. I ended up crying in asda cafe. But dd has a lovely dusky pink duffle coat and is warm. --although the amount her and ds upset me they're lucky I didn't use the money to buy cake and stick them in bin bags!--

I wanted a new winter coat but smuggling a beachball would make shopping a pita, so next year when ill have lost all the baby weight --hahahhahaahha or ate loadsa cake while stuck under a bfing baby--

Shaky Wed 07-Nov-12 22:17:09

Congrats on still having the right president Tee
I do actually quite fancy him don't tell anyone

<snuggles State>

I am shock shock shock at the quote we had for blinds for the conservatory today. His original quote was £17K!!!!! Seriously, I shit you not! When dp picked me up from my faint he went down to £8k then £4k for just the windows but would still be another £7k for the roof!!
How can some blinds cost more than the frigging building! He also said we would get 10% discount if we took out their finance but would not tell me the interest rate even though I asked 3 times. I was very hmm and he was very pissed off when he left because we said we were going to look at some local companies before making a decision.

Seriously, th blinds weren't even made of gold with diamonds on or anything, £11k for some blinds!!!!

<faints again>

I wonder what would happen if I put this in AIBU " to not want to may more than the price of my conservatory for some fecking blinds?" I suspect I would be eaten alive, I am no where near brave stupid enough grin

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Wed 07-Nov-12 22:42:42

Congrats from me too, Tee. Huuuuuuge relief.

<snuggles everyone>
<puts big bag of pic n mix on table>

Dreamy's becoming an MN celebrity on the thread for not well known MNers in Chat. grin

Shaky Wed 07-Nov-12 23:00:07

Is she? <sneaks off to look>

Shaky Wed 07-Nov-12 23:01:42

<runs back to grab fistful of pick & mix>

Yum, thanks Empress

Mmmm pick n mix. <Settles down>

shaky stay away from aibu grin you'd drown under 'is that all you have to worry about" comments. Fwiw I'd have fainted at that, utterly ridiculous, do they hop down and give you a shoulder massage everytime you sit down?

Shaky Wed 07-Nov-12 23:33:16

I would have thought that they would at least wash up and do the ironing for that price. The bloke had a face like thunder when he left.

I have never been suicidal enough to post in AIBU!

My first even post on mumsnet was in aibu, about ils and a wedding. I was eaten alive! I had to run away recover and nc.

I post in aibu every once in a while, but am careful what I post <delicate>

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Thu 08-Nov-12 00:33:22

Was your Minnie Mouse thread in AIBU? That was a runaway success!

If anything I think the Puddle is the opposite of AIBU. People go to AIBU to fight and come here to snuggle.

Shaky Thu 08-Nov-12 00:41:05

Maybe when I've been here another 20 years or so I'll be brave enough to start a thread there. For now I'm just content to sit back and read the bunfight. Keeps me quiet for AGES!

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Thu 08-Nov-12 00:44:44

I love a good bunfight grin

Tee2072 Thu 08-Nov-12 06:10:46

I have been slaughtered on AIBU more than once. It's not fun.

shaky shock For that price it needs to do all the housework, give you massages and cook gourmet meals. And, honestly, if a workman left my house angry because I said I had to get other quotes? He'd automatically be off my list, no matter his price!

Go Dreamy! I avoid those sorts of threads. I hope this one is nice.

LittleTee has his preschool jabs after school today. I have not told him. We are going to lunch first and, weather permitting, the park. Do you think I should tell him he's going to get a shot? ::frets::

This thread is not accepting new messages.