Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

The Puddle!

(1000 Posts)
DreamySleepyBonfireNighty Mon 05-Nov-12 20:57:00

Happy Bonfire Night!

EmpressOfTheMadBoxOfFrogs Fri 16-Nov-12 15:54:29

Thanks, Tee.

At least now we can pay the rent up front for a few months, and it gives me a bit more time to think and plan instead of just having to go for the first job I could get.

If you can go back to bed, do!

BrianCoxIsEatingBrains Fri 16-Nov-12 16:05:58

--Thank you everyone grin

Bonkey is psych--o--ic indeed wink

Empress - good luck, glad to see you are viewing it as cup half full and can look forward to a new start.

Tee - I want no more 'anything' from you today, feet up please (if possible!)

State - girls are, erm, interesting aren't they wink <looks a almost 9yo post-melt down (over nothing), sitting at my side>

DZoH - people keep telling me that, I am secretly pleased/relieved!

showtunesgirl Fri 16-Nov-12 16:15:00

Nooooooooooooooo! Baby vomit!

Tee2072 Fri 16-Nov-12 16:20:08

Well, husband is going to tidy the kitchen but I need to make dinner. Which I actually enjoy doing. grin

giraffesCantLightFireworks Fri 16-Nov-12 17:26:38

watcvhing the apprentice!

Congrats Brian, when you due?

Umm interesting, yes, couldn't have put it better myself brian she is wonderful but bloody exhausting, there is always a drama, she's 4 on wednesday and every year I hope it will get better then there's something else to screech about <rocks in corner> grin

Hope your ok empress glad there is a small silver lining for you and that's taken some pressure off xx

Everything alright show?

Well I did it, I made a sodding beyblade stadium cake --and hated every fecking second of it-- one very happy 12yr old cousin, can't wait for him to cut it, I dyed the sponge bright blue and the butter cream red ha! I will attempt a photo if I can x

BrianCoxIsEatingBrains Fri 16-Nov-12 19:38:06

oo, State, that cake sounds like a hyper-child-bouncing-off-the-wall recipe if ever there was one grin

giraffes - thank you, am due 8th April.

Don't know if it is the excitement of the day or what, but couldn't decide what to have for tea as didn't fancy anything, so reluctantly made spaghetti (Heinz) on toast, managed 2 mouthfuls and wretched. Dog was happy as she was the recipient of warm left-overs! I've had a bag of crisps instead and contemplating another.

Bad mother award!

BonkeyMollocks Fri 16-Nov-12 19:41:38

Heinz spaghetti is amazing! But only if it has toast cut up into teeny square mixed up with it!

Tee2072 Fri 16-Nov-12 19:53:06

::head in hands::

Just found out an old friend's mother has cancer. Terminal. Pancreatic.

That's three people I know who have been diagnosed in the last month.

Stop it, okay? Just stop it, universe.

showtunesgirl Fri 16-Nov-12 19:56:01

No, MORE baby vomit. I think Baby Show has a bug. sad

showtunesgirl Fri 16-Nov-12 19:56:21

Shit Tee, that's awful. sad

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Fri 16-Nov-12 20:10:00

That's the same as my auntie Tee. sad I'm really sorry. It's so awful. They must be close to a cure. They really must.

BonkeyMollocks Fri 16-Nov-12 20:18:33

Oh tee sad

Thinking of you all

Shaky Fri 16-Nov-12 20:31:04

Aw Tee that's awful.

Congratulations Brian I'm chuffed for you.

Empress that all happened a bit quickly.

Poor babyShow I hope you have an ok night and that you don't get it too

I have been to the docs today and he was lovely and signed me of for another 4 weeks to give me a bit more time to get back to myself.

We now have lights, electric and heating all connected. We just need to get the furniture and paint it next week! grin it's looking lovely, I can't wait to use it

BrianCoxIsEatingBrains Fri 16-Nov-12 21:39:34

aw, Tee, so very sorry to hear your news sad {{{hugs}}}

Shaky - good news about the extra time off, you can relax a bit now hopeflly.

x

giraffesCantLightFireworks Fri 16-Nov-12 21:45:27

brian my boss is due end march (although she thinks start of April!) I am so excited - a wee bubba to look after!

giraffesCantLightFireworks Fri 16-Nov-12 21:46:12

Oh tee that is shit - cancer is pure evil

Shaky Fri 16-Nov-12 21:49:19

Yes it is a relief and its taken the pressure of a lot. My sick note takes me until the week before Christmas and I should be able to take a week of annual leave, then go back on phased return after Xmas. I am not rushing back after trying too hard and going back too soon, only to be told that I wasn't well enough. It was devastating and a real blow to my confidence. I am going to make sure I am properly well and fighting fit before I go back this time. Although I do feel very guilty for being off.

Besides, I have got a conservatory to paint which should keep me occupied grin

Oh tee much love coming your way, dps Grandad had pancreatic cancer too, and we lost my Grandma two years and 1 week ago to brain cancer. Cancer is a total and utter cunt. Thinking of you xx

brian I didn't think of that... Whoops, ah well they're all 11/12yos going to dry ski slopes to do tubing they'll need the energy grin

I've got dds cake to make, cupcakes for school, and a chocolate cupcake. Not done a giant cupcake before, or made a chocolate cake so trial run this weekend, dp is delighted "I'm fed up of watching cakes leave this house"

Glad you have some more time shaky and the conservatory is coming along nicely, its good to have a project.

Get well soon babyshow x

I'm sending dp for a chinese, my aunt tipped me nicely for the cake and we haven't had one in forever. Well when I say chinese an exceptionally random mix of pregnancy cravings that comes from a chinese grin

EmpressOfTheMadBoxOfFrogs Fri 16-Nov-12 22:53:00

I'm so sorry, Tee. sad

That's great, Shaky. Put some pics of your conservatory up in the Puddle when it's done!

It was bloody quick! But yes, at least I've got a plan, and I've also now got some time to sort the house out.

How was the Chinese, State?

Shaky Fri 16-Nov-12 23:11:27

Empress I am absolutely loving your new name, ace! grin

It was good but they've changed the sweet and sour sauce, all I could taste was vinegar, so that annoyed me a bit!

I now really want some of the core dough-ble whammy ice cream, but I may have ate it all yesterday.

showtunesgirl Fri 16-Nov-12 23:23:49

I have never "got" sweet and sour sauce. Shame really as my dad makes a brilliant one, so I'm told. Shall I ask him for the recipe?

Semi-outing myself here but the recipe is cough, authentic. grin

giraffesCantLightFireworks Fri 16-Nov-12 23:27:51

mmm sweet and sour sauce is good! Not had any though since staryed losing weight.

Shaky Sat 17-Nov-12 00:02:23

Nos da, gwel I chi yfory!
Welsh for "goodnight, see you tomorrow"
grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.