Muffins cases and baking trays - help.

(3 Posts)
muffinmadness Mon 22-Oct-12 08:24:08

I love making muffins, however am yet to find a muffin tray that helps me along.

I have used silicone ones (large and small) and I am currently using a muffin tray I bought in IKEA which is slightly deeper and thinner than normal trays. This is causing me a bit of bother as hardly any mixture goes in, they over cook and they are basically bite size.

Please talk to me about muffin trays and cases. Normal size and also Starbucks size! I make a lot of different muffins so happy to splash out on any essential kit that will improve them. They generally taste really nice, but the shapes and size of what I am using isn't working out.

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Mon 22-Oct-12 08:26:36

With the silicone ones, I find wrapping a strip of tin foil round the outside really helps them to cook better. I also put the tray on a metal baking sheet. Everyone I've given these tips to says that their muffins turn out better afterwards.

For equipment, check Nisbetts. Catering suppliers, their stuff is good quality and affordable.

twinklytoes Thu 25-Oct-12 23:17:32

the best muffin trays I've ever purchased are the ones from Tesco, they are the ones that cost soemwhere between 8 and 10 pound for a 12 hole.

I'm sure the starbucks muffins are cooked in the same size muffin tin but those paper wraps are used instead of muffin cases for baking. I think they are described as tulip cases on ebay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now