Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Great British Bake Off / Mary Berry recipe try out.

(6 Posts)
Eggrules Tue 25-Sep-12 19:59:53

Today has been 'orrible. Started off with a lorry driving through a puddle and soaking me and it just got worse. To cheer ourselves up, we made Mary Berry Fork Biscuits. Mary Berry National Treasure (aka MBNT) you are a star. They were really the easiest yet tastiest biscuits I have ever made - only 2 left for DS's packed lunch. Please try them:

100g (4oz) butter, softened
50g (2oz) caster sugar
150g (5oz) self-raising flour

Step One
Preheat the oven to 180°C /fan 160°C/ gas 4. Lightly butter the baking trays.

Step Two
Measure the butter into a bowl and beat to soften. Gradually beat in the sugar and then the flour. Bring the mixture together with your hands to form a dough. Form the dough into 16 balls about the size of a walnut and place spaced well apart on the prepared baking trays. Dip a fork in a little water and use this to flatten the biscuits.

Step Three
Bake in the preheated oven for 15/20 minutes until a very pale golden. Lift off the baking tray and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.

I don't think I am up to the same standards as the contestants. Next up MBNT scones

Any other recommendations.

Eggrules Tue 25-Sep-12 20:18:55

In true Mumsnetter ratings style I rate MBNT Fork Biscuits as:

Ease of finding ingredients 10
Ease of cooking10
Success with kids10
Success with adults 10
Overall Mark 10

Handy hint - I cooked for 16 mins in a combi/microwave and they were perfect. We added a chocolate button to the second batch.

I love MBNT recipes. Her poppyseed and lemon tray bake is delicious.

Will get the kids to make these biscuits when they are bored.

giraffesCantGoGuisingAsZebras Sun 21-Oct-12 23:20:29

oops just posted a new thread on this. nettospookerstar bought me tickets to see paul and mary on friday - it was great!

Going to try the 8 stranded plait loaf thingy...except perhaps with less than 8 strands! wink

FestiveFannyFarts Sat 01-Dec-12 19:34:55

I made the chess cake from the GBBO book and apart from wobbly piping it was great.

LadyMercy Mon 03-Dec-12 17:03:27

I made the treacle tart with the lattice top the other week. It tasted great and I was very proud of myself.

Am plucking up the courage to try the 8 strand loaf.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now