Has anyone made a website?

(8 Posts)
Asaroe91 Mon 31-Oct-16 23:32:21

I want to make a website for my business. Its for selling on there. I know there are such sites that help you make a website however are they worth it and are they any good? If not, any advice?

Olivialoves Mon 31-Oct-16 23:35:17

yes. use wix. easy peasy

BusyNothings Mon 31-Oct-16 23:50:31

Try Wordpress you can get step by step themes and plugins. You can also get help by buying your website name aka domain through a good site like go daddy. They also have helpful hints and tips and tutorials. Good luck!

olderthanyouthink Tue 01-Nov-16 08:03:24

Yes, because I'm a web developer wink

I'd use Wordpress.ORG (not .com that's basically just blogging), with woocommerce. Those are free and widely used/easy. You can then buy a theme (ranging from free to £200+), the only slight problem with themes is you might have to shoehorn yourself into one because it's bespoke (you might want to do some thing that the theme doesn't allow). Then just add a domain and hosting.

Or you could do shopify, wix, squarespace but I'm sure in the long run these are more expensive (Brexit has made American ones a bit more so) but I suppose it gets you up and running.

Or... You could pay a developer, price massively varies depending on what you want. They could just be putting the bits together for you or make a bespoke site.

Twooter Tue 01-Nov-16 08:05:02

Avoid 123-reg - I found it impossible to use. Wix was a dream by comparison.

blackcatzwitcheshatz Tue 01-Nov-16 08:08:00

Another one who used wix.com and found it really easy. Changes and updates are very simple too.

Inthenick Tue 01-Nov-16 08:09:26

I'm looking at using EMK. It's the same as Shopify but us UK based so no fx problems. Also it doesn't have transaction fees which is a big improvement I think.

Asaroe91 Wed 02-Nov-16 17:58:23

Thanks for all the comments. Il check them all out and see which one suits me best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now