How much to charge for ironing?

(4 Posts)
mharimay Tue 06-Sep-16 09:26:23

Hi there

Any feedback would be great

I'm currently a SAHM to my 18 month old and have started up a little bit of an ironing business.

I don't know what to charge or how to charge. I was thinking of doing it for £22 per basket, but by that I mean a medium sized ironing basket and not a huge thing. Or I could charge by the item and was thinking something like:

£1.50 per shirt
£2.50 full suit
£0.60 per cotton item including jeans, t.shirts, tea towels etc
£2.50 bed sheets & duvet covers

What do people think of this?

Many thanks

mummytobrooke Thu 08-Sep-16 11:34:52

I do ironing and I charge £30 for a laundry sized bag and I have quite alot of buisness

akpounce Thu 08-Sep-16 11:44:22

I pay £10 for a full bin bag which is usually about 15 of my husband's shirts. 50p for collection and the same for delivery. I live in the south east. I would pay more tbh as it's a really big help so your prices sound good.

Deux Thu 08-Sep-16 11:54:47

You could charge by weight also by weighing bags with one of those luggage type scales. So eg, medium bag put to ?kgs

The collect and drop service I used to use charged by item or by weight and they weighed it at the door when they collected.

I use a dry cleaners to iron DH's shirts and they charged £7 for 8 shirts BUT they use one of those big machines that blows hot air through them and then they are finished by hand.

Ring around/research your competitors locally to assess what they're charging.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now