Name help please!

(4 Posts)
crafty07 Mon 11-Jul-16 10:09:13

Hi smile I'm hoping to start a craft business creating unique frames. I've been doing them for a while for friends and family and everyone keeps telling me to start selling them but I'm completely stuck at finding a name! I'm hoping someone may be able to give me some inspiration. I wanted something that includes the word framed but other than that I'm clueless. All the frames I've done have been so different so I'm just not sure what name would cover all of that? Thank you for any help! Xx

babynearlyhere Mon 18-Jul-16 14:51:58

Maybe just a simple 'Frames by Crafty07' would do (obviously using a variant of your first or last name rather than yor mums net name!)
Or 'Framed with Love' etc.
Good luck!

kathrunneth Tue 19-Jul-16 19:32:12

Hi crafty07, I'm with babynearlyhere in keeping it simple.

I also think the word Frame or Frames will be better (for Google SEO and other search related reasons) than Framed.

One idea is to think of terms which rhyme or which sound like another well known phrase (e.g. The Frame Dame, for example - rhymes). Think of something unique about your frames, what does tie them together even if they are all different? Or just put a unique word with the word Frames/Frame to ensure people find only you when they search for you online.

Then the hard work starts of making sure that you can your chosen name as a website (domain name), on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram,Twitter, etc.

The only other thing to consider at this stage is if you will stay with just frames. If you might branch out into, say, customised photo albums or handmade cards, then having the word Frame in your title could be a bit limiting down the road.

Sorry, it's so hard to name businesses but these are a few of the things I have considered when naming my own businesses. Good luck!

Kath
Runneth London

tribpot Tue 19-Jul-16 20:47:53

Don't forget to do a web domain and social media search on your preferred names as well, unlike a certain large government agency which recently rebranded and then discovered all the relevant Twitter account names were already being used by other people. Doh.

I run a consultancy which mainly does business-to-business so I didn't have to come up with a fabulous name. I used the Latin Business Name Generator to come up with something which hadn't already been taken (and where the .com domain was free). But you can use something like Shopify to find a business name with a keyword in (the link is to a search on 'Frame', I thought 'Frame Trend' might work?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now