Wanting to start a home/online sewing business

(1 Post)
LRobinson21 Sun 22-May-16 16:37:53

Hi everyone. I've been interested in starting my own business for what seems like eons but never seem to have the courage to start. Now I'm a stay at home mum with an 8 month old and the idea of going back to work is unthinkable as well as unpractical so I've decided to finally start my own business.
I would like to make baby toys, doll clothes, pincushions, scrapbook layouts/albums, burp cloths, etc but I'm not sure if there is a market for such items. I'm in the beginning stages of everything at the moment e.g registering as self employed, sorting out a website/Etsy account/Facebook page, market research, etc and I was wondering what people's views are on quality homemade sewn items and papercrafts and whether there is a market for them or not.
I've made some surveys using Survey Monkey and I was hoping that some of you lovely mums could help me out and complete one or more of them for my market research. Each one takes about 5-10 minutes and are multiple choice with a couple of comment sections.

Baby toys: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MLFSVZ8

Doll clothes: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MSTMNN8

Pincushions/scrapbooks: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MTV8736

Any advice, comments, tips would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to all of this. If there is anyone out there that has started there own home based business I would love to hear from you.
Thank you in advance xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now