Help with research

(5 Posts)
CSouthern Tue 26-Jan-16 10:44:11

Hello, I have a client who is putting together an information pack for their home-baked gift business mini franchise opportunity and would like some feedback. We would be grateful for your thoughts, please take a minute or so to complete the survey.
www.homebakedgiftcompany.com/help-with-research.html

TheoriginalLEM Tue 26-Jan-16 10:55:50

I have completed the survey. I am not sure how a franchise would really work? would people be following your recipes? buying equipment and ingredients from you? Would you for instance, provide premises? marketing materials?

Its not for me personally but I do know of someone who has started an extremely successful business making mostly biscuits and cracker that she really started off as what one would refer to as a "mummy" business. Her food is excellent quality and they have the marketing spot on - they have a stall in a major shopping center in the south east and now am seeing their crackers in lots of outlets.

CSouthern Tue 26-Jan-16 11:37:06

Thank you very much for completing the survey, much appreciated. The business has been set up by a mum who has been successfully running her own home-baked gift business for 9 years. She envisages a team of enthusiastic home-bakers like her, working in their community, using the logo, trademark and business formula she has devised. This includes training, the manual, starter kit and monthly recipes and instructions plus her selling and marketing expertise. This is via a licence, rather than a franchise, to keep costs to a minimum and flexibility to a maximum.

MissTriggs Sat 06-Feb-16 14:15:57

What do you man by license rather than franchise?

CSouthern Mon 08-Feb-16 12:57:28

Thank you for your question. A license is a "mini-franchise", which in this case includes the use of the brand, exclusive territory, training, support, manual and starter kit among other things but commits both sides to just 2 years, with an option to renew. It is if you like, an "entry-level" franchise for those seeking a quick and easy way to start a home-based business with a smaller required investment than a large franchise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now