Using vistaprint logo on my website?

(6 Posts)
MillyMollyMandy78 Thu 02-Jul-15 22:55:38

i am in process of setting up my own business. I have had business cards, flyers, signs etc printed using one of vistaprints ready made designs, with a logo on it.

I obviously want website to have same feel and for the logo to be consistent throughout. So thought about using the same logo on my website. Can i do this or is it an infringement of copyright? Will they sue me if they find out? How could i avoid this but still have a website that has the same feel as the business cards etc? Could i copy part of the logo, or do something myself almost identical? The website would look great with the logo so really want to find a solution, thank you

www.vistaprint.co.uk/customer-care/terms-of-use.aspx?GP=7%2f5%2f2015+7%3a47%3a26+AM&GPS=3553013508&GNF=1

If you want the same feel you can use the same colour theme,fonts and style. All of which should be done anyway.

BTW I wouldn't ever recommend using a stock logo, other people will have it. The whole point of a logo is part of your branding. Part of that branding is to give customers/clients something they identify with your business. A stock logo,used by others, doesn't do that and imo isn't very professional

MillyMollyMandy78 Mon 06-Jul-15 21:37:16

Thank you for the link and I see what you are saying re the logo: will have a think and play around with a few design ideas to come up with a unique logo of my own.

No Probs. If you would be happier having someone design a logo for you and give you it various formats jpeg, vector etc to enable easier use for various things, check out the graphic designers on Fivver.com Some are awful and some are brilliant, obviously the price is pretty unbeatable!

Fiverr.com even!

MillyMollyMandy78 Mon 06-Jul-15 22:25:04

Thanks Triptrap - will have a look at that site!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now