Thinking about retraining as a Pilates teacher.

(1 Post)
BendyMum15 Sat 30-Aug-14 19:10:11

I've been doing Pilates for about 5 years, including through both my pregnancies and have found it hugely beneficial.

Today at my one to one lesson my we were talking about what I'll do when my maternity leave comes to an end as I recently moved an hour away from work and I'm not sure if I can be bothered with the commute. I had been thinking about doing Lazy Daisy in my area but to be honest there are mostly old people here and so probably not that big a client base. My teacher then suggested training as a Pilates teacher and that she thinks I would be good at it. I was surprised as I didn't think I was at that level but she obviously thinks I am.

Has any one here done this? How did you find juggling training with having children (mine are currently 2.9 years and 4 months)? How did you finance it (I will probably have to get a bamk loan as don't have £3000 lying around). How did you decide that this was for you?

Think I need to sit down and have a look at courses and also about how realistic it would be in my area and what I want to achieve (how many hours work etc...).

Thanks for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now