Anyone have experience sourcing clothing suppliers from China?

(5 Posts)
CookieDoughKid Thu 07-Aug-14 09:49:31

I'm looking to get some cycle jerseys created to sell but need them made in small quantities but good quality initially. I can create my own designs. If you have any experience or can recommend a supplier - I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!!

MrsWinnibago Fri 08-Aug-14 09:38:43

In an ideal world you would get them made in the UK. There are business grants available for businesses encouraging UK industry.

Why don't you look here and you will probably have more success with your small quantities.

I contacted some manufacturers in China looking to have a few items made but all of them said they would not make less than 150.

CookieDoughKid Sat 09-Aug-14 20:23:53

Thanks Winnebago for the advice! Will try UK hopefully I can get a good price!

sleepdodger Sun 17-Aug-14 19:31:08

I second Mrs winnibago
I have extensive experience of china sourcing and would fully expect that for small volumes UK base to be more cost effective
to be clear they would import and many /print to your design
you want to be clear on the manufacturers experience with your particular fabric and stitch styles (e.g. jersey fabric is everything from cotton to viscose and all the blends and weights in-between)
have a really clear specific spec
do you have any experience in this field at all? If not consider goig through an agent
good luck!

CookieDoughKid Mon 18-Aug-14 12:21:32

Hi sleep. Thank you for the advice. I am definitely go to check local.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now