Anyone ever used affiliate marketing?

(1 Post)
Countrymun Wed 06-Aug-14 14:08:32

Hi,
Hope it's okay to post in this section - there doesn't seem to be a place for business other than start-up.

We run a small family business (manufacture and retail of quality dog wear including some fairly niche products) - previously we attended dog shows etc but we are now trying to increase online sales to fit in with family/school age children.

We have tried google adwords - haven't been a huge success to date but obviously every impression our ads get helps to build awareness for the future.
However, I have heard about people using affiliate marketing and wondered if it is worth trying.
We don't have a presence outside of the UK but through Amazon and our own website we do sell certain products in USA and Australia.
I thought if we had affiliates in those countries it might increase sales. I know there are a few affiliate companies out there such as Affiliate Window but not sure if anyone has used affiliates in the past and can share their experiences - whether it was worth doing since obviously the affiliate needs a payment from each sale and I guess the affiliate company takes a share too.

Anyone tried it? Any tips/experiences much appreciated.
Thanks again
Mollie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now