Registering as sole trader and a domain name

(5 Posts)
OneStepForwardTwoBack Tue 01-Jul-14 12:55:19

Hi. Please can someone advise me the cheapest way to do this. I looked on a website that manages this for you, but having read another thread, I now realise that the charges are high (£55 for setting up and £60 register domain name). Thanks :-)

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 01-Jul-14 13:00:44

Have a look at raid host about £5/month includes free domain name...

Nightwish Tue 01-Jul-14 20:15:03

Registering as a sole trader is free with HMRC, you just register as self employed which can be done online.
You can purchase a domain name in multiple places online, a .com should cost you around £5.
Definitely do it yourself, no need to use an extortionate business.

suitsyousir Tue 01-Jul-14 20:19:25

What Nightwish said! I have been registered as a sole trader in a part time job now and its much better for me. I got my website from 1&1. The webname and hosting for a year cost me £4.

Register as a sole trader on HMRC. Dont pay anyonrle to do it. Believe it or not they are quite helpful. They even offered me a (free) one day training course on what you can claim and how to complete your self assessment. I dont pay an accountant either.

OneStepForwardTwoBack Tue 01-Jul-14 21:31:55

Thanks ladies. There was me thinking that all sounded quite reasonable! New to this! I will learn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now