Bookkeeping question?

(4 Posts)
scaredoflabour Wed 25-Jun-14 13:55:47

Would IAB Level 2 & 3 Computerised Accounting for Business be a high enough qualification to set up as a self employed bookkeeper?

Thank you

I'm not sure about the qualification, but I would look for experience above all else. I would want to know that when you are doing my VAT return you know what the difference between an invoice to an EU country and a receipt for food is...

NotBeingRudeBut Thu 03-Jul-14 13:07:59

I'm interested in this too - just completed the Level 1 qualification and really enjoyed it and am starting level 2 in September.

However, as NaanBread points out, the experience thing is really important - I know there are voluntary roles as treasurer etc but would a role like that involve completing VAT returns and other crucial tasks?? I'm not sure.

Good luck with it though - will get my thinking cap on about the experience side of things.

SanityClause Thu 03-Jul-14 13:32:05

If I were you, I'd try to get a job either with a small firm of accountants, or in an accounts department of a business where you will learn how to take some screwed up old pieces of rubbish, and learn to make them into a trial balance.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now