Which is better for a charity bank ac- Barclays or HSBC?

(8 Posts)
Justgotosleepnow Thu 05-Jun-14 14:30:02

Barclays website has fancy qr codes to let people give directly to the bank account & gift aid set up.
HSBC won't let me book an appointment to talk to someone.

Has anyone experience with either banks for community/ charity banking?

I am setting up a charity and I need a bank account ASAP so the money is completely separate to my personal banking.

Keen to hear the good bad and the ugly!
Thanks!

Pinkandpurplehairedlady Thu 05-Jun-14 14:31:35

We use CAF bank for ours. You can pay in at HSBC and do nearly everything else online or via the phone. They are always very helpful when I call and fast at answering their phones!

Justgotosleepnow Thu 05-Jun-14 14:36:42

Ooh what's CAF bank? Not heard of that. Sounds like good service though.

Justgotosleepnow Thu 05-Jun-14 14:43:00

Ah I googled CAF. Interesting. But it seems you need £1000 to start up. We have zero so far!

mostlysinging Thu 05-Jun-14 14:49:59

I was going to suggest CAF too - we've just opened an account with them and so far so good.

We've also used NatWest, if it's all going well they are great but as soon as you need to speak to someone you get passed around as no one really understands clubs/society/charity accounts.

I'm sorry I have no experience of HSBC or Barclays as charity banks, but I manage a small charity and we use the coop charity account, which I find really good as it's fee free, they give interest, and as they link with the post office it's easy to pay stuff in etc. Might be worth a look?

Handsfullandlovingit Thu 05-Jun-14 14:52:19

Caf bank, charity bank, triodos, lots have bespoke charity accounts

Justgotosleepnow Thu 05-Jun-14 14:56:04

Ah I like the idea of coop bank thanks, I hadn't thought of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now