FaceBook and Google Ad ons

(5 Posts)
TheAvengers Sat 10-May-14 16:14:47

I have just joined FB for the first timeblush as I was told it was the way to go forward with getting a business advertised. How do I buy a FB advert? How long does it run? Where does it run? Is it worth the money?

How else can I use FB to promote my business?

Has anyone bought google Ad-ons? How much are they and how do I buy one? Are they worth it too?

TalkinPeace Sun 25-May-14 21:28:35

Google adwords are great
facebook ads are often an utter waste of time and money : it depends on your business
BUT
lots of people like me use adblockers so see neither

Ilelo Mon 26-May-14 11:51:55

I 2nd TalkinPeace.

Don't bother with paid ads on facebook. But it's a good way to spread the word about your business if your "friends" share your posts.

mimilovell Sat 31-May-14 00:14:25

facebook is worthless, you might as well do it organically. You can look on youtube and other website to find out why its a waste of money.
Ive not used google ad words so I dont know.

Countrymun Wed 06-Aug-14 16:34:28

Just to say we've tried FB ads and it has been worthwhile. Didn't get a huge response but more than paid for itself and has increased our page likes too.

With facebook, it's vital to target the right people - for example one of our products - dog stopper pad protectors (they help to prevent a common injury) and we set the ad to show only to people old enough to be buying online who already followed specific pages/topics/forums.
We've had quite a few people share our ad with others or point out our website to them because of FB ad so increasing awareness too.
A lot depends on what you're selling - but if you do try FB ads then make sure you spent the time targeting and very importantly you set your max budget over a given number of days and keep an eye to see how it's doing.
HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now