Where is best to advertise?

(5 Posts)
Simpson40 Wed 07-May-14 12:39:53

Hi
I am a Civil Funeral Celebrant based in Glasgow, Scotland.
I have recently began running training courses but I am having trouble on deciding where would be best to advertise. Any ideas?
Many Thanks

IndigoBarbie Sat 10-May-14 22:35:30

Hiya, also waving from Glasgow smile

I use all sorts of online 'free' resources to advertise my own work (energy healing) for example: facebook, twitter, whatsonscotland, gumtree, facebook groups etc as I share my own info, others also network and carry on sharing for me, as I do for them. You never know who might just catch your ad.

It can be slow going, but as I have little advertising outlay, it's been good to get word of mouth referrals. Feel free to send me details of your service/workshops and I will 'share' to my audience?

It might also help to think of those people who might require your service, or training?

I must also say that sometimes attending open days or tabletop sales, might allow you to spread the word.

Bondsan Sun 11-May-14 13:37:50

I've found a great resource to advertise on.

I use traded.org.uk which allows you to create a website profile to promote your business for a whole year. It only costs £30 per year and the money goes to your local choosen school(s) who will also then help promote your business as a school supporter.

They also do the same for charities at chariti.org.uk so if you are already involved with a charity like me (which is free for a charity to register), then you could support your favourite local charity and get loads of extra business too!

IndigoBarbie Mon 12-May-14 23:08:30

Bondsan, thanks for adding that info. I'm going to check that out.

Simpson40 Mon 02-Jun-14 15:49:11

thanks so much IndigoBarbie and Bondsan smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now