Would you pay me to walk your dog?

(8 Posts)
Gymbob Tue 01-Apr-14 14:22:13

I thought of setting up my own dog walking business 4 years ago but did something else instead. Now thinking again but about another 10 seem to have set up in that time.

Im not sure how much room there is in my city for all the dog walkers but dogs for working people seems to get ever more popular.

I'd be grateful for any comments or advice or anything at all really! Thanks x

AlpacaLypse Tue 01-Apr-14 14:27:37

Hi Gym

In the eleven years I've been running my dogwalking business, I've seen dozens of postcards in shop windows offering dogwalking services. Through that time, only three of us have actually kept on doing it. People think it's an easy way to earn a quick bit of extra cash, until they hit the reality of ill behaved dogs, school holidays, insane owners...

NARPS is our trade association, have you been to their website yet?

Gymbob Tue 01-Apr-14 14:31:13

that was fast thank you!

no I haven't I will visit that site and may ask you more questions if you don't mind grin

but for all the badly behaved dogs do you like it and would you recommend it?

126sticks Tue 01-Apr-14 17:42:39

There are two dog walkers round my way, and not a very big area.
I suppose it depends quite a lot on the area you live in.

Could you start small and see how it goes?

I would love you to walk my dogs. I suspect you would bring them back quite quickly though. They are not easy. Two labs who pull. I have shoulder and back issues so can't walk them at the moment.

This has reminded me to arrange for some training though so thank you and good luck.

I'm in Somerset if you want to give mine a go!

Gymbob Tue 01-Apr-14 21:45:26

thanks grin

bit far for me I live in the North! but I'm persistent.

I checked out Narps and it gets really good reviews. the online training also looks good and you can put the logos on your website.

I could start small but I like to do things big if I'm going to do them at all.

Well don't give up at the first hurdle! It's not that far! wink

AlpacaLypse Fri 04-Apr-14 17:25:29

Feel free to pm me.

DawnDonna is setting up too (East Anglia)

At this rate we could have a whole MN network of dogwalkers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now