Making the most of a talent

(10 Posts)
mrredderz Thu 20-Mar-14 06:33:23

Hello there everyone, my name is Ben, and I would like help, tips and also advice if you do not minding sharing.
I am Young 21 year old male that has a natural talent when it comes to working with children. I have been told this many times by my family, but also I use to help run a kids group every week and they said that I should look into childcare as a way forward in life and making the most of what Talent I have.
So I was just wondering if anyone here has any, tips on what the best way to approach getting into child care.
I currently work in a supermarket and don't enjoy the job at all but when it comes to working around kids, its something I enjoy but also have very little experiences in as well.
Any help would be great help.
Thank you

mynack Thu 20-Mar-14 14:00:12

mrredderz, I have always found Connexions really helpful with free careers advice. There should be a branch in your nearest large town.They will help you work out all your strengths and attitudes and aptitudes. But you also might like to see if there are any vacancies for teaching assistants in local schools, especially if you might be interested in working with children with special needs. I know from my own experience hew rewarding this can be.

mynack Thu 20-Mar-14 14:00:12

mrredderz, I have always found Connexions really helpful with free careers advice. There should be a branch in your nearest large town.They will help you work out all your strengths and attitudes and aptitudes. But you also might like to see if there are any vacancies for teaching assistants in local schools, especially if you might be interested in working with children with special needs. I know from my own experience hew rewarding this can be.

mynack Thu 20-Mar-14 14:00:13

mynack Thu 20-Mar-14 14:00:14

Have you tried connexions? Apparently they're good. grin grin

FabULouse Wed 26-Mar-14 20:56:19

grin

freelancenewbie Wed 26-Mar-14 21:54:04

gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now