Best online credit card gateway?

(6 Posts)
cloudskitchen Mon 17-Mar-14 09:40:36

I am in the process of setting up a new business. An online shop. I'm building my site using Shopify (anyone any experience with them? They seem great so far) but I need a credit card gateway apparently. Does anyone have any experience with any? Ideally I want one without a years contract as this is a brand new business. Any advice would be gratefully received. 2 I've been looking at are eWay and Paymentsense but am interested in any that are good and non restrictive.

I LOVE Shopify. It's wonderful.

I use SagePay. It's a palaver to set up, but it's reputable and safe. OR just start with Paypal for now to avoid the hassle while you're still feeling your way. You don't need to launch with absolutely everything at first.

Good luck!

eddielizzard Sat 22-Mar-14 20:44:30

i would second just starting with paypal until you're ready for the year's contract.

cloudskitchen Sun 23-Mar-14 09:54:25

Hi there. Thank you for your answers. I'm now looking at worldpay as they have a 30 day rolling contract which suits me. As it's an online shop I worry I might lose potential customers if I only offer paypal but it might be a good way to launch initially.

iseenodust Wed 09-Apr-14 10:20:50

Paypal have a 2nd tier system which takes all credit cards. You are not tied in to any length of contract. It's a small fee per transaction. It was easily the cheapest option when we used it and it never let us down ie no complaints from customers about it.

mrsbucketxx Wed 09-Apr-14 16:23:38

we use paypal too we also use paypal here for the Gallery.

i think people are more likely to use it as its well known

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now